cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Hardware: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 (Disabled)

My pc is a Dell XPS 8910 running windows 10. I have an integrated Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 as well as the AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480. Whenever I run userbenchmark after testing the integrated GPU, I get - WARNING: skipping AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 - unable to locate attached display. I have an external Dell monitor plugged into my pc with an HDMI cord. When I open up AMD Radeon Settings, it tells me that underneath the hardware tab 'AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 (Disabled)'. From device manager, I have updated the latest drivers. I have also updated the latest bios from the dell website. I'm am lost as to how to enable the Radeon GPU and how the iGPU is affecting it. sos

0 Likes
1 Solution

Is the monitor connected to the graphics card port (not the motherboard port) ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

8 Replies
amplighter
Adept III

1st: Make sure that your motherboard & bios will allow for multiple cards

2nd: Read this page for further clues as to being able to run 2 cards at once:

Can a computer have 2 different graphics cards? - Graphics Cards

3rd: A bit redundant running 2 cards or video systems at once when most top end cards allow for multiple monitors.

0 Likes

Hey, thank you for replying. I had tried disabling the iGPU from device manager, and double checked that the 480 was enabled from there, but when I ran the benchmark test, it again did the same warning for the Radeon, and also for the integrated now. So it's just the Radeon not enabling for some reason. I would love to just run the one powerful GPU but I can't troubleshoot it to start.

0 Likes

Sidenote, I've called Dell after hours of troubleshooting and they told me something I've already done. Which is to go into the bios and turn on the discrete GPU from there, but I have no option to do that from within there, unlike other videos I've seen. My warranty, of course, expired a few months ago so they could not do it themselves. I have had this pc for about 2 years, and I suppose that the Radeon has never been enabled during that time. I have recently gotten into more GPU demanding games, and I've noticed the fps drop causing me to investigate my pc and figure this all out. I read the manuals my specific build and I could not find a solution.

0 Likes

Your issue is either the video card requires more ampge than your system can support or you haven't enabled the video card in the bio & disabled the intergrated card also within the Bios. Just seems there is a searching pair. If Dell informed you that his card will work then this is a Dell issue and not an AMD issues. Never the less, using an alternitive site, follow what these fellows are suggesting in attempting to install another type of card in their system.

Graphics Card Not Detected - [Solved] - Graphics Cards

0 Likes

Is the monitor connected to the graphics card port (not the motherboard port) ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Agreed totally overlooked the obvious.

0 Likes

Thank you for responding too. If it wasn't the problem of me connecting the overly complicated task of plugging the HDMI cable into the motherboard instead of the actual dedicated GPU, what you said could have easily been the problem.

LOL, I very much had overlooked the obvious, it works perfectly now. Thank you very much.

0 Likes