cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dragonoob44
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2200G Driver crashes

So, the 2200G is good when it works, it has clock throttling issues but I can live with a few fps drops. My biggest problem is that it crashes.

Now with the previous driver these crashes meant a black screen, and then after a few seconds the whole pc would freeze, after checking the minidump it stated it was a driver issue, something about being stuck in an infinite loop or whatever. I thought no problem, maybe the next driver will fix it.

Now that I have the new driver the problem is nearly the same, now the screen goes black randomly (sometimes not a single time in days, sometimes every few hours) but the pc never freezes, the last time I was listening to youtube for 10 minutes straight after it went black, everything was working, except the display. It was not reacting to any button combination.

Anything I could do? This is not something I could send back my mobo or apu for to change it for something new, it's too random and whatnot, but there are many situations when such a freeze could be very very bad, and nothing seems to indicate that it'll be fixed any time soon by driver updates.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Ryzen 2200G APU
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
  • Display Devices
    • LGW2242BP 22" hdmi-dvi cable
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • GIGABYTE A320M-S2H-CF, Bios Version F22
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 2200G APU
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • E.g. NPOWER 500W
  • RAM
    • 2x8GB 2400mhz

EDIT: Updated to the newest BIOS and it still didn't solve the problem at all. However pressing Win+Shift+Ctrl+B restarts the driver and solves the problem without need to reboot the pc.

0 Likes
2 Replies
sambr
Journeyman III

I recommend that you upgrade your Bios to F23d (AGESA 1.0.0.2a) to fix the GPU clock drop.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x#support-dl-bios

0 Likes

I'll try that right away, thank you

0 Likes