cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

super_vik
Journeyman III

Help! Lenovo Y25F 144HZ - AMD FREESYNC not supported?

Hi guys, please help!

I just bought and monitor LENOVO LEGION Y25F 144Hz, who HAS amd freesync support, but when I go to the AMD menu - its says "FREESYNC NOT SUPPORTED".
I have updated to the lasted drivers! This monitor has 100% amd freesync. Its says it all over the box and on their website.

0 Likes
6 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

What GPU are you using, and how is it connected to the monitor?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Hello,

I am using AMD MSI R9 280x, connected via DP. The setting are set to DP v1.2.
I just had an Samsung C24FG70FQU Gaming 144Hz and it worked fine with the amd free sync.

0 Likes

Monitor settings:

Install monitor drivers if necessary.

Select input signal "DP (Digital)"

Select "DP 1.2"

Res. 1920x1080   refresh rate 144Hz.

GPU:

According to AMD's FREESYNC info the R9 280x is not supported.

But maybe, this may have been corrected through a driver update at some point...

Follow the steps in this link for setting the "Display settings" in the Radeon software.

How to Enable Radeon™ FreeSync™

If it's still not working after doing all this... then either the R9 280x is still not supported for FREESYNC or the monitor is so new that the GPU drivers have not caught up to it yet.

0 Likes

Hey man,

thanks so much for the time! I have tried everything. For the first time in my life, I have installed a driver for a monitor! Still, that didnt help. Its all kinds of strange. Just few days ago I was using the Samsung monitor and I had freesync. Its also strange because in AMD's website, the Legion monitor is not included in the list of monitors that support amd freesync. I am willing to belive the last option, that only in the future they will release an working update.

EDIT:
When I go to a game profil - I can enable and disable freesync. When I go to the menu "DISPLAY" in the Radeon settings - Freesync not supported!
Wtf?!

0 Likes

super_vik wrote:

Hi guys, please help!

I just bought and monitor LENOVO LEGION Y25F 144Hz, who HAS amd freesync support, but when I go to the AMD menu - its says "FREESYNC NOT SUPPORTED".
I have updated to the lasted drivers! This monitor has 100% amd freesync. Its says it all over the box and on their website.

You going to need a more powerful GPU to handle that much bandwidth. The R9 280 is not nearly powerful enough to cope.

Better choice would be the Vega64 card which has the muscle needed.

0 Likes

As I said, few days ago I was using the same class monitor - different trademark - Samsung.

0 Likes