cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jesin
Journeyman III

Freesync support over Displayport to HDMI cable (R9 Fury)

I have a LG 22MP68V-Q monitor connected to a R9 Fury video card. This card has 3 DP and 1 HDMI output. I'm planning to get two more of the same monitor and setup Eyefinity. However this LG monitor only have a HDMI input.

If I use this Displayport to HDMI cable will I get Freesync support?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We recommend using a true DP - DP or HDMI to HDMI connection. It might work, but we don't validate the many different adapters so there is no guarantee it will work.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
amplighter
Adept III

I'm on a mission this morning to find out more about the freesync issues others have been referring to. One things I've learn is that AMD using freesync & Nvidi uses gsync so in other words, one can not expect freesync to function while using Nivdia devices or vice versa.

But something's else has just come to mind, did you know that some monitors aren't freesync complaint? Meaning that if your system is set up tonutilive freesync but you monitor doesn't use freesync, then you will have issues. Something else has been noticed while searching, if your HDMI cable is not within specs you will have connectivity issues also. I believe the cable must be 1.4 or above in order to function correctly.

Let's all take a refresher course in knowing how to use freesync via digital treads.

How To Start Using AMD's FreeSync | Digital Trends

In other words, AMD is freesync compliant, but are you using the correct HDMI cable as well as the correct monitor.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We recommend using a true DP - DP or HDMI to HDMI connection. It might work, but we don't validate the many different adapters so there is no guarantee it will work.

Clearification  please, in your opinion AMD what DP or HDMI cables would you prefer that one used in conjunction with you video card/s? Brand specific?

0 Likes

Thanks for the response. If I get a single DP to HDMI cable/adapter and test freesync on my single LG 22MP68V-Q does it guarantee that freesync will work on a triple setup?

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Same answer as above.

0 Likes

I read long back that Eyefinity only supports a maximum of two passive (HDMI) connections. Does it hold true even today?

And do active Displayport to HDMI adapters support freesync?

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Nothing is guaranteed with any adapter, same answer as before. Up to 2x passive display connections. (DVI/HDMI).