cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mclingo
Challenger

AUTO TV HDR switching in windows apps broken

You appear to have broken AUTO TV HDR switching for MADVR  in your latest versions, this is essential for 4K HDR HTPC owners.

I've tested both 18.5.2 and 18.6.1, I was eager to try these as every driver version i'v tried after 18.2.2 has had stability issues of one kind or another with windows 10, now HDR is broken so i'm all the way back to 18.2.2, very disapointing.

Wondering, are these versions specifically for latest windows 10 update 1803 and not recommend for without this update?

My specs

Windows 10 64 bit 1709

AMD RX 460

0 Likes
6 Replies
mclingo
Challenger

confirmed not working with MPC-HC with madvr, MPC-BE with MADVR, KODI-DS with MADVR, so its breaking something in MADVR.

HDR auto switching still works using Manual switch in windows but this isnt really to be used. having tried any games as this isnt a gaming machine.

I've let MADVR devs know but as this is clearly an AMD driver issue this needs to be looked at by AMD.

0 Likes

These issues can be reported to AMD.

Support > Email Form

I've done too

Service Request: {ticketno:[8200816691]}

but seems incredible that AMD can break features that are working from ages.

Why so incredible MS do it all the time!

mclingo
Challenger

Service Request: {ticketno:[8200816503]} - logged with AMD, also logged a bug with MADVR.

0 Likes
mclingo
Challenger

seems to be fixed in latest drive which also seems to be more stable than previous 18.X versions.