Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

claudiopassa
Journeyman III

Cables for wraith prism not connected

hi guys.

i have installed a ryzen 7 2700x whit the stock cooler (wraith prism) and the fan in MB, but, after this, I have watched in the cooler's box and i have found 2 more cables. I have watched on web and I have found that the cables are the rgb and the usb connection for the leds. Now for connect the cables i have to dismount the cooler, but i don't have the thermal paste for replacement. My question is: if i don't connect the 2 cables, What problems can there be?

4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

claudiopassa, I have not seen these coolers.  Why do you need to remove the cooler from CPU to plug a cable?  Please see these two links:

Cooler Solutions | AMD   and  https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/8ewob5/what_does_the_usb_connector_on_the_wraith_prism_do/

Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi misterj,

I have to remove the cooler from the cpu because I don't know where is the point to plug, I have assembled the pc an only when I have finished to mount it, I have discovered the 2 cables. My cooler is assembled in the case and I don't see the the connection point. If you have a photo of the cooler, where i see the connection, post it here please.

Claudio

0 Likes

Sorry, claudiopassa, I have no pictures and cannot find a manual.  What I have found out is that it is made by AMD, so please open an AMD Support Ticket (bottom, Submit Email via E-ticket Form) and ask them for a manual.  Google knows a lot and has many pictures, try there also.  I would doubt you would need to remove your cooler.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

What is the exact MAKE & MODEL of your motherboard?

The RGB cable is for the Wraith Cooler LED lights. That shouldn't affect the Wraith performance if you don't connect that cable.

You probably need to connect the USB cable to get full control of the Cooler.

This is a recent Thread here at AMD Forum concerning problems with connecting the Wraith Prism LED cables : https://community.amd.com/message/2860471#comment-2860471?q=wraith%20prism%20LED

0 Likes