cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mrdeano
Adept II

Best AM3 CPU please.

Can someone tell me what is the best AM3 CPU please. I currently have a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T but its not any good for the new Assassin's Creed Origins. I need a AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz or higher although the Phenom ll is 3.4 - 4.0 GHz. I have approx £200. to spend on an upgrade.

Here is a benchmark of my PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T    34 °C

Thuban 45nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF (CPU 1)    34 °C

Graphics

SA300/SA350 (1920x1080@60Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Undefined)    32 °C

Storage

1863GB Seagate ST2000LX 001-1RG174 SATA Disk Device (SATA)    31 °C

3726GB Seagate ST4000DX 001-1CE168 SATA Disk Device (SATA)    25 °C

1863GB SAMSUNG HD204UI USB Device (USB (SATA))    31 °C

931GB SAMSUNG HD103SI USB Device (USB (SATA))    30 °C

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 EADS-11M2B2 USB Device (USB (SATA))    35 °C

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 EARX-00PASB0 USB Device (USB (SATA))    32 °C

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB

Microsoft Virtual DVD-ROM

Audio

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Thanks

0 Likes
13 Replies

Actually clock for clock the 1100T and 6350 are effectively identical, so your best bet would be to overclock the 1100T to 4ghz, assuming you have a decent CPU cooler, and save your money for a complete system upgrade.

Its not just the speed Ubisoft are telling me but the actual Phenom CPU is not supported for Assassin's Creed Origins, so i think i will upgrade to AM4 and try the Ryzen CPU.

I was going to try the AMD 9590 but have been warned it runs so hot at 225W & is not a good CPU.

I have The Cool Master Hyper 212 EVO fan & heatsink in my case with no side on it (The heatsink is slightly too big)

Thanks for your reply black_zion much appreciated     

Ah, right, their anti piracy garbage requires SSE 4.1...You could get the ▷ AMD Piledriver FX-8 Eight Core 8350 Black Edition 4.00GHz (S… | OcUK for £129, but the much better ▷ AMD Ryzen 5 Six Core 1600X 4.00GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - … | OcUK is only £189, so you'd be wasting your money to just play one game. However, it appears that ACO has been cracked, so you could try using it to play it, it wouldn't be the first time hackers have made an unplayable Ubisoft game due to crackerjack DRM able to be played... Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Cracked, According to Hackers

mrdeano
Adept II

Its not just the speed Ubisoft are telling me but the actual Phenom CPU is not supported for Assassin's Creed Origins, so i think i will upgrade to AM4 and try the Ryzen CPU.

I was going to try the AMD 9590 but have been warned it runs so hot at 225W & is not a good CPU.

I have The Cool Master Hyper 212 EVO fan & heatsink in my case with no side on it (The heatsink is slightly too big)

Thanks for your reply black_zion much appreciated     

0 Likes

0 Likes

mrdeano wrote:

Can someone tell me what is the best AM3 CPU please. I currently have a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T but its not any good for the new Assassin's Creed Origins. I need a AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz or higher although the Phenom ll is 3.4 - 4.0 GHz. I have approx £200. to spend on an upgrade.

Here is a benchmark of my PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 34 °C

Thuban 45nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF (CPU 1) 34 °C

Graphics

SA300/SA350 (1920x1080@60Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (Undefined) 32 °C

Storage

1863GB Seagate ST2000LX 001-1RG174 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 31 °C

3726GB Seagate ST4000DX 001-1CE168 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 25 °C

1863GB SAMSUNG HD204UI USB Device (USB (SATA)) 31 °C

931GB SAMSUNG HD103SI USB Device (USB (SATA)) 30 °C

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 EADS-11M2B2 USB Device (USB (SATA)) 35 °C

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 EARX-00PASB0 USB Device (USB (SATA)) 32 °C

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB

Audio

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Thanks

Get an AM4 board and one of the more expensive 4/8 processors, games will work well with a hot graphics card with say 30 GCN cores or so

0 Likes
rayparmar1
Journeyman III

I think you need to go through this article. It has explained so well that you will find your best am3+ CPU

0 Likes
mrdeano
Adept II

OK thanks, i have now built a new PC with the new Ryzen 7, 2700 8 core and the Asus Prime X470 Pro Mobo. All AM4 now. but i'll leave this thread for others to follow if the need AM3 help. :-)

0 Likes

mrdeano wrote:

OK thanks, i have now built a new PC with the new Ryzen 7, 2700 8 core and the Asus Prime X470 Pro Mobo. All AM4 now. but i'll leave this thread for others to follow if the need AM3 help. :-)

you should be good for gaming with that board and cpu, a RX580 is popular and very solid for gaming

0 Likes
lenny13
Journeyman III

I think that the best am3 processor among peers is AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8350. It will operate at a frequency of 4.2 GHz on all cores, when necessary, without throttling, and this is with automatic settings in the aforementioned BIOS. Thus, although it operates at a frequency of 4 GHz for 8 cores, in fact, it manages to operate at a frequency of 4.2 GHz without problems. I would not advise anyone to create a new system based on AM3 +, but many users still have AM3 + boards. If you really don't need the power of something like Ryzen, this works well.

0 Likes

lenny13 wrote:

I think that the best am3 processor among peers is AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8350. It will operate at a frequency of 4.2 GHz on all cores, when necessary, without throttling, and this is with automatic settings in the aforementioned BIOS. Thus, although it operates at a frequency of 4 GHz for 8 cores, in fact, it manages to operate at a frequency of 4.2 GHz without problems. I would not advise anyone to create a new system based on AM3 +, but many users still have AM3 + boards. If you really don't need the power of something like Ryzen, this works well.

The FX-8350 may be hard to find.

The low cost AM4 motherboard would be the first step, some lower capacity DDR4 is not expensive

The R3 CPU is not all that expensive but it might be a bit over the budget.

The pieces can be bought over time which can spread the cost to some extent.

If you still not found the best am3+ cpu then i will recommend you FX-8320E.It was bought by one of my friend and he is much comfortable with it.If you still want more choices then this guide may be helpful for you.

https://techmotherboard.com/best-am3-cpu/

0 Likes

Power users will want to pick out up the Gigabyte X399 Aorus Xtreme due to its wonderful capacity to manipulate better-wattage workloads and elements whilst combined with custom loops and adequate radiator space. The voltage regulator cooler on my own eliminates the want for a monoblock and will tip the high-wattage cost proposition returned in Gigabyte’s prefer for a fully geared up motherboard.

If 10Gb Ethernet isn't wished, we nevertheless suggest the Gigabyte X399 Aorus best motherboard for ryzen 7 3700x 7 for complete-sized builds. And the ASRock X399M Taichi nevertheless opens the door for HEDT builders at the price front. Still, if overclocking high-quit processors is your aspect, it’s tough to look past the heatsinks at the Aorus Xtreme.

0 Likes