Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bojko91
Newcomer

Windows 10 (last build) and 7800m Radeon freezing

Hello,

I have problem with windows 10 (last one build from April 2018) and GPU AMD RADEON 7800M.

I have a fresh install of windows 10, but when I try to set up latest drivers from your site (win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.5.1-may23) my windows freeze, and I need to put my laptop to safe mode and to disable GPU.

I try to install this drivers on safe mode but i can`t (error 99).

Do you have any additional solution about this problem?

Edit: the other one GPU Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 works ok.

PC: HP Envy 17-3270nr

GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, AMD Radeon HD 7800M Series (HID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6827&SUBSYS_1853103C&REV_00)

CPU: Core i7 3610QM

RAM: 16GB

Best wishes Buzz.

0 Likes
5 Replies

0 Likes

Hello,

Today I tried this but nothing. Still freezing after trying to install AMD drivers .

Reinstall all drivers

1st: Install last Intel driver for video

2nd, remove amd software

3rd reboot in safe mode clean C:/AMD folder, DDU amd drivers

4 reboot in normal mode (in device manager show Windows Basic Display), Try to install latest one radeon adrenaline but freeez.

5 restart laptop, cant start in normal mode

6 disable again AMD GPU in safe mode and boot in normal one but without AMD GPU ;(

Do you have another solution?

0 Likes
alanloos
Adept I

I also have this problem, but in my HD7850, third day and I still have not found a solution

0 Likes
ksio89
Adept I

Same issue with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.2 Optional drivers on my Dell Inspiron 15R-5537, which has a Radeon HD 8850M GDDR5.

0 Likes

You have a laptop....APU or Intel processor? https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

4 reboot in normal mode (in device manager show Windows Basic Display), Try to install latest one radeon adrenaline but freeez.

Why did you reboot in normal mode? You allow Microsoft to install what drivers they want you to have. The guide tells you to never reboot into normal mode (connected to internet) until you have finished installing the drivers and rebooted your computer. You do not need to be connected to the internet to install AMD drivers.

htps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-install... 

0 Likes