Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

krysen
Journeyman III

Bootloop since Driver 18.5.1

Hello,

since the 18.5.1 driver update, my pc cant boot normally. It stays at the windows 10 boot logo and i dont hear my soundcard to turn on (PCI device). Also my graphic card and my mouse and keyboard aren't turning on.

I have a RX 480 and it just appeared with the new Windows Update and the new drivers. 18.6.1 hasnt fixed this problem for me.

I kicked out my soundcard and it didnt help. Also a clean install of windows didnt help.

Does anyone has the same problem?

0 Likes
5 Replies
alanloos
Adept I

I have this problem, I already tested a clean installation of windows, i tested w7 too and older drivers. The problem still remains.

From what I saw, there are other people with this problem too.

0 Likes

What version of Windows 10?

0 Likes

Windows 10 Pro.

good to hear that i am not the only one. Just wasted an hour yesterday with a clean installation of windows.

I have a Z87 Pro 4 motherboard. Maybe they just changed something in the drivers which prevents the control over the graphics card on older boards.

0 Likes
eskimosound
Journeyman III

It's happened to me with different drivers.

Instead of a clean install of Windows!!! boot into Safe Mode (Hold down Delete whilst switching your PC/Laptop on).

You will get to a Windows Problem solving screen.....choose Boot into Safe mode without networking (You will have to look around for it, I cant remember where it is off the top of my head, I know its not the first screen, its an option from something you press on the second screen!! Sorry Goggle it!)

Then just Roll Back driver and use the AMD Software removal tool to get rid of everything...

then just reinstall the driver you need.....

Hope all that makes sense

0 Likes

Not working on my side, these are the normal steps i do with every new driver.

Same result as a normal installation. Boot loop and no fix

0 Likes