cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shegaa
Newcomer

Ryzen 5 2500u with Vega 8 graphics - Which driver do i need?

I have Ryzen 5 2500u with Vega 8 graphics on Acer Aspire 3 A315-41-R84R. I saw other laptops have Adrenaline software with this APU but i can't get it. And i can't even find it manually on AMDs driver site. Windows 10

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution
11 Replies

You should be getting your drivers from the laptop manufacturer > Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

0 Likes

I did. But they provide 17.7 version.

0 Likes

You can try the drivers from Intel...disregard step one.

Download Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics

0 Likes

Isn't this for RX Vega?

0 Likes

Downloaded both options and when it came to driver installation it offered me only this driver I have(17.7) although it says its 18.6.1(first one) and 23.20.792.2048. To resume: In installation window it says that my current driver is 17.7 and it gives me option to install 17.7...

0 Likes

Option one is to install Intel drivers...hope you didn't try that.

0 Likes

I didn't install it. I stopped when it offered me same version as I have. but I didn't have 2 options.

0 Likes

Yeah but still HP Envy x360 has same APU anAd still has more recent update. But I guess I can't do anything for now...

0 Likes
pufuleti
Journeyman III

Hi, I think I found a solution.

This is what I done :

1. Install drivers from Acer(i have an HP 15", same sh*t)

2. Install Adrenalin video drivers for Ryzen 3 2200g, it is a desktop proccesor with vega 8(install with express settings)

3. After restarting you laptop when you open Amd Settings it will show an error "radeon settings and driver don't match"

4. Press Windows key + R and type "regedit" go to >Software >AMD >CN then you find a file named "DriverVersion", open it and delete ValueData then press ok.

5. In AMD setting it wil still show driver version 17.7 but the new ones shoud be installed.

6. Congrats now you have the latest drivers.

This is what i done and don't give me any error or locking the screen at 1080x1900 resolution.

I didn't tested the frame boost in games.

I hope this is helpful.

0 Likes