cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

giuliojiang
Adept I

Freesync on Sea of Thieves

Enabling Freesync on Sea of Thieves causes massive stutter, performance decrease (from 75fps to 55fps), and display flickering. My display fps counter shows fast switches between 40 and 144fps despite the game rendering at around 60fps.

Freesync works correctly on other games on the same system, such as overwatch.

GPU: 380X 4GB

Display: Asus MG278Q

Drivers: 18.6.1 beta

0 Likes
1 Solution
giuliojiang
Adept I

I have found a fix: resolution in game must be on Native, otherwise the game's scaling system interferes with freesync.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
giuliojiang
Adept I

I have found a fix: resolution in game must be on Native, otherwise the game's scaling system interferes with freesync.

If you need to game at a different resolution from native, select Native in Sea of Thieves, and change your windows desktop's resolution after the game has started.

Using ReLive and overlays in game can make freesync stop working again. To quickly fix without restarting the game, change resolution from Windows to something else, go to the game again, and change the resolution in Windows back to what you wanted.

It's a bit annoying but at least it's possible to make it work. Hopefully future updates will smooth out these issues.

0 Likes