Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dido_smoke
Adept I

Gigabite RX 580 8GB - solution for crash/auto-restart PC

hello there,

so i have been reading around to solve this issue, it seems that it is a common problem that have no REAL fix yet, at least as far as i saw, sadly i didnt do my research before buying this card,,

so here is the issue:

with standard updated software and drivers, the PC restarts when playing games at full screen (it happens at window mode as well but not as frequent), the game i play is pro evolution soccer 2018, this didn't happen with my old R9 270, it started happening with the new one (rx 580).

what i tried so far:

- tried a variety of radeon drivers starting with an old version (17.12.1) to the latest version 18.6.1 (currently installed), tried update and clean install using radeon driver removal tool.

- updated my asus mother board to the latest bios version

- spent days changing settings in the radeon software and watmann and tried what many have advised regarding this issue

- tried this card with windows 7, windows 10 (windows update active and updated), and now im running windows 10 (without windows update) - so its not a windows problem

- changed HDMI cable, changed card PCIe slot, reduced ram, tried other screens, tried multiple operating systems, tried everything i could think of.

my PC specs:

- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz

- GPU - Radeon RX 580 (gigabite) 8GB

- Motherboard: Asus P9X79

- Memory: 32 GB DDR3 (1600 MHz)

- 24" LG screen (24EA53)

- SSD samsung drive for system (with HD 3TB on the side)

- Corsair PSU 750 watts, 8 case built-in fans

- windows 10 64bit

any solutions or advice guys? or do we need to switch away from radeon and get it over with?

cheers

0 Likes
1 Solution
dido_smoke
Adept I

Just to follow up:

all the problems went away when I replaced the power supply unit, turned out that my 750wt psu got defected and it restarts when the power demand is high.

replced it with a brand new 650watts and now everything is tiptop

hope this would help sombody

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
alcyone
Adept I

i have same problem as well

some bugs i can't fix over 4 months

0 Likes
amplighter
Adept III

Just an observation, but did the computer (which you've yet to name) have an integrated graghics driver, has this driver been disabled? Have tou checked to see if the Bios needs to be updated or edited in order to accept the new card? Also, you may want to register with the computer manufatures support site as well as the gaming site for further assistance.

Support - GIGABYTE U.S.A.

0 Likes

I always assemble my machines, this one is a corsair case with Asus motherboard (see above specs)

the Asus P9X79 motherboard does not have interrogated graphics

upgrading bios was after i observed there is a newer bios version from asus

this specs never had this issue, it started when i bought this rx580

0 Likes

Have you tested your computer via this site?

Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 system requirements | Can I Run Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 ?

I ask this as the specs page has a general listing of recommended cards/prossesor & graphics cards. Check the test results and report back.

0 Likes

ofcourse the system meets the requirements, same PC with weaker card worked perfectly

its not a game issue as i am a little bit expert with this game engine

thanks for replying but im looking for someone who can actually solve this issue as it is not a separated case, you can find many with this same exact issue asking all over the web

0 Likes

If this problem is only occurring with a single game (original post is unclear of this), then it's likely a engine/driver issue that needs to be patched. If not, and the problem is the same across several games, I would advise that you contact GB support and/or authorize an RMA replacement.

it was evident to me to try other games ofcourse, it happens at some point playing in all of them sooner or later with (gtav, pes 2017, cities skylines and cod) although PES restart pc going a minute in playing only, i think it happens that fast due to the graphics demands of the game, worked fine though with my old r9 270.

rma the card is hard at my location, and i have little faith that a replacement is the answer due to the number of people having this issue, it seems that this one made for mining rather than gaming, might do that and think of a more suitable card for stable gaming.

0 Likes
dido_smoke
Adept I

reporting a passable solution for this,

im running games at window mode and using a tool called (Borderless Gaming) to make it look like full screen

not the perfect solution, but it runs like a charm at highest quality, don't know why the normal full screen restarts the PC though, if you know why please tell, until then i hope this could help others with this issue.

0 Likes
dido_smoke
Adept I

Just to follow up:

all the problems went away when I replaced the power supply unit, turned out that my 750wt psu got defected and it restarts when the power demand is high.

replced it with a brand new 650watts and now everything is tiptop

hope this would help sombody

0 Likes