cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

noobianking
Journeyman III

I can't update my AMD R7 M265 drivers on Windows 10

I have WIN 10, build 1803 (updated on the 03/05/2018 I have had the same problem from the time I installed WIN 10 though) running on an ACER Aspire V5 with an Intel Core i7 4500U, every-time I try to install updated AMD drivers (tried VER. 16/ 17 & 18 both Full & Simple installs with both the auto detect & the manual select opts) my PC freezes and crashes (it used to give me the BSOD but now it gives me a Black screen (sometimes or just freezes until I have to power off manually) and I have to restore from restore point (after losing data the 1st few times I learnt to create a point before attempting an install) it got to a point where I just gave up and left it on VER. 15 but I finally saved up enough money to buy BF1! So I installed the game ran the patch update and...nothing. I can't play it because I need to upgrade my AMD drivers to VER 16 or later. So here I am looking for some help and feeling unhappy towards the Co. whose GFX card (AMD RADEON R7 M265) I have in my laptop. Any help is greatly appreciated. In case this is of some relevance, a majority of the games wouldn't detect the GFX card (which is why I have been trying to install the AMD Catalyst ware in the 1st place (even before the BF1 issue)) which led me to discovering Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (which helped in making the card visible (after this I was able to play some of my new titles like RotTR, TW3 and FC4 to name a few) but did not fix the outdated driver issues unfortunately) I hope I have included everything to help you help me.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Try Laptop graphics update...How to

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. This won't work though, I have already tried it. Please see OP for details

0 Likes

If you have had this problem since updating to Windows10....read the solution to another post. > Raven Ridge 2400G APU Split Screen Bug and Radeon 18.5.1 Drivers. Check your bios mode.

This is assuming you installed the latest Intel graphics driver > Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]  <  before attempting to install the AMD driver.

0 Likes