cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

debgram
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor questions

I'm looking getting this CPU but have a few questions.  Will it work without problems with windows 10 64 bit?  I have the Intel core i5-6500 320 GHz right now, will changing to the AMD cause problems?  I also have the ZALMAN CNPS9900 NT 120mm 2 Ball Low-noise CPU Cooler  will that fit on this CPU?  I have DDR4 2133 will that be ok?  Will this CPU be good for gaming and watching on Netflix?  MB I'm looking at, ROG STRIX H370-F GAMING, will that work with the CPU?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
arcticwind
Forerunner

The Ryzen 5 2600x processor uses the AMD "AM4" socket.

So, you would need to use a AM4 socket motherboard and RAM from the QVL list for that specific motherboard that you choose to use.

(RAM selection is very important with the Ryzen processors, so use only qualified RAM)

Your CPU cooler may work if an AM4 socket bracket is available from the vendor.

The ROG STRIX H370-F Gaming motherboard uses the LGA 1151 (Intel only) socket. The Ryzen processors will not work on this board.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
arcticwind
Forerunner

The Ryzen 5 2600x processor uses the AMD "AM4" socket.

So, you would need to use a AM4 socket motherboard and RAM from the QVL list for that specific motherboard that you choose to use.

(RAM selection is very important with the Ryzen processors, so use only qualified RAM)

Your CPU cooler may work if an AM4 socket bracket is available from the vendor.

The ROG STRIX H370-F Gaming motherboard uses the LGA 1151 (Intel only) socket. The Ryzen processors will not work on this board.

0 Likes