cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

kidrock
Journeyman III

Why no A300/X300-based mini-ITX boards have been released yet?

I've been waiting for a new generation low power APU to replace my Kaveri A8-7600 45W. The newly announced Ryzen 3 2200GE 35W looks like a  perfect fit into my mini-box M350 (although haven't seen it in retail yet). However, there are no cheap A300/X300 mini-ITX boards out there for whatever reason. Perfect lightweight solution taking advantage of the APU's SoC design, no unnecessary features, no overclocking, no RAID, no CF, just the very basic connectivity for normal people. The expectation was the boards would be released just after new APU had been released but nothing happened and I haven't noticed even any plans from any manufacturer to do so in the near future. What's wrong?

0 Likes
3 Replies

$94 for an ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac AM4 AMD Promontory isn't cheap? Also, MiniITX is not for "normal" people, it's for knowledgeable people who know what they're doing, not the average user who only knows how to turn a computer on and off, and call Geek Squad whenever something happens.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157780&ignorebbr=1

0 Likes
morbidmorgis
Journeyman III

I'm absolutely with you. I need an upgrade to my little rig as well and a Mini-ITX Board with A300/X300 chipset would be perfect for it. There had been a couple of Mini-ITX Boards for socket AM1 for low cost builds, why no for socket AM4? That's ridiculous!

0 Likes

µATX is widely available for AM4 as well as Intel socket of the week

0 Likes