cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lunova
Journeyman III

Using HDMI Scaling on Second Monitor Causes Stuttering/FPS on Primary Monitor. (Only when viewing videos/streams)

Hello all. I just wanted to report that HDMI scaling when used on my second monitor causes stuttering on my primary monitor only when viewing videos, or streams from what I can tell. It's not FPS drop because my fps is still the same when I am playing games at the same time (I usually watch videos/streams while gaming). My primary monitor is at 60 refresh rate while my second monitor (which is just my tv) is at 30 refresh rate. When I put the HDMI scaling at 0 the issue stops.

It seems like when I enable HDMI scaling on my second monitor it caps the refresh rate of my primary monitor to 30 for some reason, or causes stutter. Not sure if there is a solution that would allow me to use HDMI scaling, and keep my refresh rate, but if there is it would be nice. It's not a big deal, but I would like to not have a bunch of my TV cut off.

My current set up is

Dell Inspiron (or however it's spelled)

GPU: RX 580

CPU: Ryzen 1700

Anyways, just thought I'd see if I"m the only one with the issue as I can't find any info about this problem when I search. Have a nice day, and thanks for the help.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Using your graphics card to render 2D applications (videos) and 3D applications (gaming) at the same time has caused these issues forever. That is why there is a selection to disable hardware acceleration on every computer. You will not notice any difference.

0 Likes