cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

krae
Journeyman III

What is the latest driver that has support for my A10-8700p(Carrizo) APU

The driver and support section says it's 18.5.1, both the auto tool and the manual drop down lists but it clearly is not. I just get the "Please try again after connecting AMD graphics" window.  I've been having this problem for a long time with AMD driver's cause I end up reinstalling my system often enough and each time I go searching through all the old drivers to find the one that works and it's quite frustrating.  At least before, the release notes tended to say whether it was supported or not but now they don't even for the older ones. The last driver I can confirm worked for me was 17.2.1 but I wanted a newer one that has support for Fortnite. 

Can someone from AMD please help and tell me which of the latest drivers actually support my system? and please fix the auto tool and drop down lists so they actually point to the right driver.

Running the very latest windows and all other drivers are up to date.

0 Likes
5 Replies

You didn't say if a laptop or desktop or what OS....so I will assume a laptop and Win10.

Download Drivers

APU

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

Well A10-8700p is only a laptop apu I believe and I did say the very latest windows but apologies for not being so clear anyway.

I also did say I used the manual drop down lists which point's me to 18.5.1, the auto tool and manual lists have not pointed me to a working driver in over a year.

0 Likes

Also I use the amd clean uninstall utility as well as ddu and registry cleaner(ccleaner). Windows 10 auto update is also disabled and old update files have been wiped so no issues there as that was previously a problem for me.

0 Likes

Sorry I just realised I'm still running Windows 10 version 1709, just wondering if 18.5.1 is compatible with this or will I have to update to version 1803?

0 Likes

The newer graphics drivers were released for the 1803 Windows10 'update'...so it's very possible. Here are the previous drivers for your laptop...maybe try one of these if you decide to not install the W10 1803.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/apu/previous?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

0 Likes