cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gle3
Journeyman III

HD 4350 verifying hardware compatiblity for HDMI

Just got a 4350 second hand for an old Thinkcentre desktop that was collecting dust.  Its the Visiontek PCI-e X1 one with a DMS-59 connection.  I have the DVI splitter mounted and what I believe to be a verified ATI DVI to HDMI adapter mounted on the monitor '1' leg of the splitter.  Adapter is numbered 6140063501G.  Then whatever HDMI cable I had laying around the house I connected to that and to my Panasonic TV.

Does this sound like hardware that would get the job done?  Right now all I am getting is a black screen but I can verify windows 7 is booting cause I hear the chimes from the desktops onboard speaker.  I am pretty sure there are other adapters out there so if I had an issue my guess would be that..  Could someone confirm?  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

I had a top end 4870 and yes it worked with the official ATI HDMI to DVI adapter. It is very pickup about this. I remember that some of the last drivers on that card did not work with the HDMI for me. So if it is not working it could be try an even older driver. It could be you don't have the correct adapter or that the card now has a port issue. I also don't know that this 4350 ever supported this. I only know that the 4850 and 4870 did for sure. I also remember that cable length was an issue. I had to get a better cable for my HDMI to work. I was running it about 25'. I still use that same cable but now with an older R9 380x.

I have to say though that these cards are quite old and even a bottom end new card would be much better and give you the options you want. Unless the price isn't something you can do, I would highly suggest that route.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

I had a top end 4870 and yes it worked with the official ATI HDMI to DVI adapter. It is very pickup about this. I remember that some of the last drivers on that card did not work with the HDMI for me. So if it is not working it could be try an even older driver. It could be you don't have the correct adapter or that the card now has a port issue. I also don't know that this 4350 ever supported this. I only know that the 4850 and 4870 did for sure. I also remember that cable length was an issue. I had to get a better cable for my HDMI to work. I was running it about 25'. I still use that same cable but now with an older R9 380x.

I have to say though that these cards are quite old and even a bottom end new card would be much better and give you the options you want. Unless the price isn't something you can do, I would highly suggest that route.

Good luck!

0 Likes

Thanks for the info!  As it turns out, all I had to do is pick PEG under video options in my bios.  Actually the IT Dept of my employer were giving out old thinkcentre desktops so I was seeing what kind of card I could put in it without upgrading the PSU.  I'm not aware of any AMD pcie x1 cards that are newer...  Thanks again for confirming!

0 Likes

yes if yo don't initialize the pci express first it can cause issues! Glad you figured it out! Regardless of what option you end up with you would have needed to change that setting. Now just remember it so when the bios defaults you know what to change! Always nice when you figure something out.

Good Luck to you and enjoy that working connection!

0 Likes