cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cadunka-chug
Adept I

Ryzen 2200G Battlefield 1 18.5.2 - Error Message No Drivers Installed

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but im running out of options at this point. so i just bought BF1 and i let it install all 60-ish GBs and its now giving me a error that says i have driver version 0.0.0 installed and that it only works with 16.x.x or higher, i have the latest 18.5.2 installed so im really quite lost. iv uninstalled both game and drivers and tried the old trick from the open beta of going in a renaming the driver version but it dose not do a damn thing. iv contacted EA and they tried their best but that didn't end up getting me any where. im hoping someone will have the brains to help me out! i have a almost brand new system with all updated drivers and bios. I know enough to get a computer working and get past any normal issues say a bios flash and basic trouble shooting but nothing like this.

Windows 10 pro

radeon RX 580, with latest amd drivers.

AMD ryzen 3 2200 g OC,

MSI tomahawk B350,

8 gb ram (Corsair vengeance)

One 4 tb hard drive and one 500gb drive

A 42" Samsung smart tv, HDMI in and out.

750 watt power supply

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
26 Replies

I would reinstall the driver. When you do, use custom install not express and choose clean install. This will likely remedy the situation. I have the same card and am running the 18.5.2 driver and play BF1 most the time. The driver is working very well, even in DX12 now. Give it a go and if reply back if that does not or does take care of it.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!

0 Likes

So that didn't work, i went and uninstalled everything that had to do with drivers and my card. Did a clean install and still getting the same error " detected AMD Radeon driver version 0.0.0. the required driver version is 16.25.1025 or later please update your drivers at amd...." Its for some reason not goimg a finding the drivers it wants but i have no idea how to make it see the drivers? Any other ideas? Is there maybe a way to program a work around? Like a way to bypass the programs need to look for what its not finding or a false driver name so it sees what it wants?

0 Likes

That is odd. Not sure what to tell you other than time to ask AMD for help. Hopefully they will know what to tell you. You can open a support ticket at this link: Email Form

0 Likes

You have an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (Raven Ridge) processor with an integrated Vega GPU.

You need to do a clean install of the Adrenalin 18.5.1 driver which is supported on your configuration.

In other words what he is saying is that because you went with a chip with integrated graphics. You will always be limited to the latest driver the CPU uses not your video card, unless they match. AMD picks up the Video card driver from that APU driver. Not sure why they still have not found a way you can load 2 different drivers. You could easily pair that GPU with an Nvidia card and load both drivers. We have see a lot of complaints of this on these forums on past APU's. It becomes a real issue when one or the other becomes legacy and the other is still supported. For that reason I never bought AMD APU's ever, and still won't knowing this now. Did not realize that was still a thing with the new Ryzen's. Thanks for the information Ray.

When did this change? My understanding is on desktop computers, you choose the discrete card as 'primary' in the bios...just as you would if you had a Intel processor. The desktop computers do not have switchable graphics like a laptop computer....which only use one driver. But maybe Ryzen is different.

0 Likes

I'm no expert on any of this. I have never had an AMD APU out of a desktop. From what I have read here in the past is that you can only load the one driver. And that driver works for both APU and GPU. Which seems to be what Ray said to me. If not he didn't correct me where I was incorrect. I have also seen many posts where people did find ways to get legacy drivers to load in conjunction with the newer APU drivers. Can't say as I have ever seen where you could load say load the current .1 driver for the GPU and the .2 driver for the GPU, this would be optimal but from what Ray says you can't. Again, I am no expert on this by any means. I do IT for a living by 95% of all our machines are Intel with integrated graphics. My add-on card usage is limited to personal and building gaming rigs for a local system builder who is also my best friend. I think it is a shame when the bios doesn't allow you to disable onboard graphics and render these issues moot. I don't know if this is because recently the graphics are in the cpu itself verses chipsets of the past?

0 Likes

Desktop graphics do not use one driver for both...laptops do.

Laptop graphics update...How to

"Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD. "

"For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install. It is important to know the integrated graphics on some APU's..."

You'll have to figure that out with Ray. I don't have a horse in this race.

0 Likes

So i need to ALSO update the APUs driver, and make sure that they are the same driver version. should the amd auto detect work to update the APU or is there a separate file to download aside from the GPU driver file? Ill take a look at the APU and see what version It's at when i get home from class tonight.

Thanks for the info

Ill post if it works or not!  Thanks ray_m+pokester

This might be a dumb question, but i dont need to do a bios update because the APU and CPU are one unit do i? I should have the latest bios,  but i just wany to cover all my bases.

0 Likes

You only need to install Adrenalin 18.5.1.

0 Likes

Not because of that necisarily although could be. That is something your motherboard maker should have notes for of what the update does. Generally yes, it is typically good to have latest bios, firmware, application and driver versions.

Sorry didn't answer the auto update thing. I typically recommend you know what your hardware is and do the manual download of the drivers. I have had the auto stuff fail in the past where the manual install does not. I still see people complain of this recently. So I personally don't recommend it. AMD may have a different view. I am sure the options are their as the skill level of the end users varies greatly.

Yeah i had to update the bios when i built the tower anyways because of the cpu/apu bios not being on the bored. Amd was great and sent me out an older apu to do the bios flash so that was cool and went well so im good on bios then. Well il give this all a try and if all else fails ill just get my money back for the game and settle for BF4. Ill also do what kingfish said and make my gpu primary. One would think amd should have like an auto detect so this wouldn't happen?

0 Likes

I am not that familiar with Ryzen or your motherboard, but there should be a way to disable Vega. If it is like most discrete cards (AMD or Nvidia) added to a processor that has a IGP, the switch to use that card is in the bios. Hopefully you add a more powerful card (as you did) and want to use it exclusively. The RX580 is way more powerful than the marginal IGP. Anyhow, it's worth a shot.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd-ryzen-3-2200g-review-benchmarks

0 Likes

If none of the above work for you, and assuming this is a desktop, go into the bios/graphics, and select the 580 as the Primary. Then clean install the latest driver for the AMD RX580 > Desktop

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

The computer should now use the 580.

cadunka-chug
Adept I

Well...iv done it all... Clean install, my gpu was already set as default/priority display port. Went in installed both drivers on apu and gpu and its still saying i have version 0.0.0. Drivers. I even tried to use the onboard apu for giggls......nope! Nada, nothing, just refuses to even try. Thanks for the suggestions friends but im stumped and sad

0 Likes

I would run DDU from safe mode, then install the 18.5.1 driver, the latest for your APU, as Ray recommended. DDU will hopefully get rid of what is wrong and allow a clean install of the proper driver to fix things.   DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.8.6 Released ! | Wagnardsoft

The important question here is, do the 18.5.1 drivers install correctly ? What does the device manager report regarding the display adapter?

If the install has completed successfully, then it could be a game issue.

If the user has not done a repair of that game it is a good idea to make sure that is not an issue, go to "My Games" and right click on the title, and press repair install. That's the equivalent of Steam's validating game cache.

I can however tell you that unless the installation has an issue that this game runs great on the RX 580 normally. I play it all the time.

0 Likes
cadunka-chug
Adept I

So i went ahead and wiped my entire computer. Turns out its the the 18.5.1 the game runs fine on the older 17.x.x driver but if i update it says i have no drivers and and wont let BF1 open giveing me the same error. Once i roll back to the older driver it works great. Soooo im still confused but thats what worked i guess

Edit: oh and in deivce manager, after i roll back to the older drivers on GPU it will then let me disable the APU. BUT wont let me do that with the new deivers...but hey i got it working so im good i guess

0 Likes

So it has to be something then with that APU and the driver not the RX 580 as I know for a fact that driver works fine. Maybe Ray, for some reason I can't mention him, can expedite this issue to the driver development team. I would suggest you send all this information in a support ticket to AMD so you know it gets to the driver team regardless:  Email Form

Good Luck I hope they get that fixed for you.

PS. It might not hurt to run this by your motherboard maker too. As this might come back to some kind of bios issue. Especially illustrates the need to be able to disable integrated graphics in the bios too. Never hurts to attack the issue from many angles.

0 Likes

Nvidia had similar issues at one time with this processor and nvidia discrete cards. The issue was with the motherboard and disabling Vega. I lost the conversation after the conclusion that some motherboards did offer the option and some did not....and all were advised to contact the motherboard manufacturer asking for a bios update to allow it.

0 Likes
maykel
Adept I

hello I have the same problem with my PC, I have the same hardware and the same problem when starting the game, it tells me the same error ,,, excuse my english ,,,I would like to know if you could fix the conflict between the CPU and the GPU I need help

0 Likes

You need to disable the the onboard graphics in your motherboard bios, if there is no option contact your motherboards maker.

maykel
Adept I

At last I could solve the error or at least I think it's all right and the best I could play without problems ... Thank you very much for everything