cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

atsingis
Journeyman III

atikmdag.sys causes blue screen with bug check string ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

Hello, I am facing random blue screen of death while gaming (specific game : Fortnite) , caused by atikmdag.sys and having bug check string ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.

My computer specs are:

System Type: Desktop

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3766.01MHz

RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel @ 3200MHz (14-14-14-34)

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B350-PLUS (AM4)

Graphics: 8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition)

Storage: 223GB TS240GSSD220S (SATA (SSD)) , 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA )

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Monitor: S220HQL (1920x1080@59Hz)

Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W

In addition to this I can provide you the mini dump file that was generated when the bsod happened (attached).

Also I attached the report created when I open the dump file with bluescreenview (attached).

Currently the atikmdag.sys version I have is this:

Untitled.png

Some friends told me that ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY is ram problem but I run MEMTEST86 as well see if the ram was causing the bsod but it found 0 errors (run for about 7 hours). I also attached the report generated from MEMTEST86 .

Furthermore I had an outdated version of bios I don't know if this caused the bsod (asus b350 plus bios  version 3011), fortunately today I am up to date (asus b350 plus bios  version 4011).

For my graphics card I am using the following drivers:

Radeon Software Edition: Adrenalin

Radeon Software Version: 18.5.2

I did not try to uninstall the drivers and re-install another version. I wanted to ask here before doing this step, maybe you know what causes the problem and stop spending my time without results.

If you want any other information just tell me.

Thanks!

0 Likes
8 Replies
atsingis
Journeyman III

Any amd technician ?? LOL .. It seems that they ignore everyone posting here...

0 Likes

There are no technicians here on the public forum...read >

"The AMD Support Community is a place where AMD users can help each other by sharing their valuable knowledge and experiences about AMD products.'

You want to contact AMD?

AMD Issue Reporting Form

Email Form

0 Likes

Okay, my bad I thought that there was a connection with the actual AMD company this forum.

0 Likes

This is the official AMD user support forum...there are AMD moderators... but for issues of a technical nature...communicate directly with AMD.

0 Likes

If you link them they have better chance of getting onto the issue. Matt is on here all the time and answers heaps.

But yeah it might be better through forms but at least here you know if they looked at it, other ways I never got a reply.

0 Likes

Thanks guys. How can I link to them the thread ?

0 Likes

Use this link

https://community.amd.com/thread/229291

Put it in the extra info section.

0 Likes
ShopStraplessShapewear
Journeyman III

Strapless shapewear is designed to enhance your natural curves while providing seamless support, allowing you to flaunt your favorite outfits with grace. Crafted from high-quality, breathable materials, our Shop Strapless Shapewear ensures a comfortable fit throughout the day or night.

0 Likes