cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fyruzone
Adept II

Pubg and rainbow six siege crashing (rx480)

When im trying to play pubg the game suddenly crashes in randomly (especially when im scoping with a X times scope) and an error pops out from the drivers and says that driver has crashed.

Firstly i thought it was pubg's problem and i tried contacting them...i did everything they said me to do and nothing worked...i even tried reinstalling windows and drivers.After that i just stopped playing pubg and now im playing rainbow six siege...but it stills crashing randomly even on rainbow six siege.Moreover i have tried safe boot but when i tried this there was no internet connection so i could play.I've also tried changing some launch options that did nothing.Sometimes an error appears only for rainbow six saying application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

There is no other game that this has happened (except one time on sea of thieves but it was their fault).

My specs are:

(custom desktop PC)

Ram: HyperX 8GB Fury DDR4 2400MHz Non-ECC CL15 HX424C15FB8

Video card:Radeon rx480 graphics GDDR5 8 gb (strix version)

Processor:Intel Core i5-6400 2.70 GHz

Operation System:Windows 10 64-bit (17134 build)

Currently installed drivers:Adrenalin 18.5.2

PSU:Corsair VS Series VS650 650W CP-9020098-EU

Motherboard: Asus H110M-S2H-CF

Chipset:Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (Version: 16.0.10.1104)

Startup programs:Discord (disabled) Java Update Scheduler (disabled) Microsoft One Drive (disabled) Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 APO Helper (enabled) Razer Synapse (enabled) Realtek HD audio manager (enabled) spotify (disabled) spotify web helper (disabled) Starter Module (enabled) Steam (disabled) Windows defender (disabled)

Here i have attached a msinfo file if you need it as well as a dxdiag file.

0 Likes
9 Replies

Go to Radeon Settings / Gaming / Global / Wattman & find the power limit slider down below the fan settings. Slide it all the way to the right to its maximum. Save that. Give your game a try. Good Luck!

Is it the power limit below temperature?

0 Likes

so i did this and pubg is still crashing when i scope only now...

0 Likes

I have not seen this issue reported before. You can submit a bug report to AMD from your Radeon Settings. I would also check out any forums for that game. I know it has many issues regardless of whose driver, this may be among them. Worth posting there too, someone might know a fix?

oh and i just saw that wattman settings have been restored to default due to an unexpected system failure as it says

0 Likes

yes they default with crashes that cause system restart.

btw i have sent an email like 2 weeks ago to amd and no reply yet..i have tried any kind of contact and i cant really get any help

0 Likes

Unfortunately it is the only way I know to contact them that they might respond. I'd say the have responded to me historically about 1/3rd of the time, but lately like 1/10th of the time. I am sorry, I wish I could do more.

Also after the latest drivers update i started getting some stuttering in games...it is getting worse

0 Likes