cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

doublekyo
Journeyman III

I have a RX 460 2gb GDDR5 video card and it always turns off in games that force it a lot, it's not just me that I have this problem several people have also researched and a lot and I've even tried to update the bios of the motherboard that I use GIGABYT

I have a RX 460 2gb GDDR5 video card and it always turns off in games that force it a lot, it's not just me that I have this problem several people have also researched and a lot and I've even tried to update the bios of the motherboard that I use GIGABYTE H61M -S1 REV 2.2 PCI EXPRESS 3.0 I need help because I want to play and I can not. I've already tried everything so do not come with simple things please because I should have tried.

0 Likes
15 Replies

Please raise your Power Limit in Wattman to +50. Thats all you change.

AMD graphics performance

0 Likes

So, do I have to increase by +50 power limit in msi afterburner?

0 Likes

No you delete afterburner. Reset everything back to default. Clean install the AMD driver of your choice and set your preferences in Wattman.

Third party controllers conflict with AMD/Wattman controls and settings.

RX480 FPS drop in all games

AMD graphics performance

0 Likes

I did all the process that indicated me more the board keeps turning off in the games when I force it a lot: /

my computer's configurations are 3470 i5 processor, 8gb 1333mhz memory, corsair cx500 watts 80 plus bronze, motherboard gigabyte h61m-s1 rev 2.2, hd 1 tera, windows 10

0 Likes

Try this:

The only things you change are Temperature (to manual) lower Temperature as shown (depending on what graph your card has)..Power Limit slide it all the way to the right. Done. Click "Apply" at the top of the page.

0 Likes

I just did everything as you indicated, but the board keeps turning off in games, it happens only when I open some game: /

whenever it shuts off AMD WATTMAN GLOBAL settings go back to the defaultERRO.png

0 Likes

It sounds like you have a third party controller installed on your computer. Afterburner,Asus,Trixx all have issues and conflict with AMD/Wattman settings and controls. All of them, to be able to function, have something similar to Afterburner:

0 Likes

I uninstalled everyone and still the problem continues, and worst of all is that several people who have this compatibility problem with mothers who are not optimized to work better with these video cards, I still want a way to fix this for to play.

0 Likes

without any tips to help me friend?

0 Likes

Have you adjusted the Power Limit in Wattman to its Max?

AMD graphics performance

Post a screenshot of these settings...like this:

0 Likes

Yes, I've done everything you told me, my friend. I left everything identical

0 Likes

Are you sure it does not give a problem to the friend card or to the pc itself? ulitizo a corsair cx 500w

0 Likes

did not work buddy ... she keeps turning off the games, I use a corsair cx500w, I start some game that asks a lot of it, then it turns off and stops video, so I have to reboot the computer to get back to normal, I tried even with +50 power limit as indicated, I will show MSI AFTERBURNER in the image where I put it, anything let me know some place so I can change please.rx.png

0 Likes

Depending on what game and it's min/rec. requirements, you may need to lower game settings ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

to be able to play I have to decrease its clock and activate the energy saving, but I want a solution because I want to use 100% of the product I bought and several people have the same problem.

0 Likes