cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

crayraven
Elite

18.5.1 breaks lighting in Conan Exiles

With the latest drivers you can see the actual light boxes used to light scenes in Conan Exiles. The lighting also flickers.

In addition, AMD please fix Conan Exiles performance. Its absolutely horrible. A Fury X performs worse than a 780 Ti and Vega 56/64 perform worse than a 980 Ti!!

Something is definitely wrong.

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
crayraven
Elite

Conan Exiles lighting is still broken in the latest drivers 18.5.2.

I forgot to add my system specs:

Radeon Software Version - 18.5.2

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Fury Series

Memory Size - 4096 MB

Memory Type - High Bandwidth Memory (HBM)

Core Clock - 1050 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 64 GB

CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor

P.S

Looks like its not the lighting itself, but objects that enclose light boxes become transparent. What happens then, it causes light boxes and other lighting glitches to form. This bug was not present in 18.4.1 drivers.

I don't want to go back to that driver, 18.5.2 fixed the stuttering in Conan Exiles. I'm guessing that was related to the Amd cache fix.

0 Likes

These forums are just your peers. Not AMD employees. You should probably also report this issue to the driver team so they know about the bug: Email Form

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use this form to submit driver bug reports > www.amd.com/report

Can you provide reproduction steps and point to which area in the game shows this issue?

0 Likes

I too am getting this, I'm using 18.6.1    this also happened during 18.5.1      Nothing we do in game causes it, it's just automatic no matter what we set our settings too.   The official Funcom forums are loaded with AMD users sharing the same issue.  You log into the game and virtually everything is transparent.    If you look up at the trees against the sky the leaves and foliage become 100% transparent making the game look like total garbage.   Can see through rocks, chests trees, basically anything thats static or is intractable including the creatures.  

0 Likes

Please direct all feedback to the original thread.

Re: Conan Exiles Texture Bug

0 Likes