cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

megadash
Journeyman III

Made Settings Change and Now Can't See - Please Help

Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 5450 DirectX 11 R5450-MD1GD3H/LP 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card

Computer Savviness: VERY little, just better than my parents and enough so people mistake that I know what I'm doing.

I was fiddling around with the aspects for the video card. The 1.13 update of Minecraft is coming up soon and I can't get it to work. Since I got the card for the LAST major update, I wanted to go ahead and eliminate my card as the issue. I've been really bad at keeping the drivers up-to-date because it doesn't seem like anything is being done, it takes a long time to do that nothing, and I can't do anything until that nothing is being done

That being said, I went into the software to manually check for updates, since it hasn't reminded me to do so in quite some time. I was checking all of the tabs for the right page and I saw something like "GPU Scaling" . When I hit the button, my screen went blank. I thought that it'd do like standard graphics settings and go back after to the previous setting if I didn't confirm it, but nothing happened after a full minute. I reset my computer, hoping that those previous settings would be there, but I got the computer's loading screen, Windows 10's loading screen…and then, nothing. I can hear the sound of Windows loading, but nothing on the screen. Since I can't see anything, I can't DO anything.

So far I've removed the card (as per the advice of a user on another board) and uninstalled the drivers.  HOWEVER, when I re-inserted the card, the screen is still blank.

0 Likes
1 Reply

I believe that card is no longer supported. Any driver that is supplied for Windows 10 would be from Microsoft, likely derived from the last legacy driver. If you are having issue Microsoft would need to offer that fix. AMD will not be developing new drivers. You may consider just getting a new card that has current support from the red or green team. A entry level card will likely still be much faster than yours too. If you removed the MS driver that may be an issue too. You may want to run a repair installation, if necessary of Windows.

0 Likes