cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

paul1972
Journeyman III

Ridiculously slow performance converting video files, computer Asus ET2012AUTB E1800 Windows 7, AMD Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics, CPU Type AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

A few years ago i had a Sony VAIO all in one, model VGC JS1E, Windows Vista Home Premium (Please refer to uploaded files for more detailed information regarding PC hardware etc).

My only issue is with that machine using a program like ConvertX2DVD it would take about 20 minutes to convert an average film. With my newer, more powerful machine it takes roughly 90 minutes. I would be so grateful if you could help me rectify this issue. I'm happy with all other aspects of the computer. I have uploaded detailed files of both machines.

I am now using an All in One Asus ET2012AUTB (Serial E1800) with Windows 7 Premium, the overview is

Radeon Software Version - 16.2.1

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics

Memory Size - 384 MB

Memory Type - HyperMemory

Core Clock - 523 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)

System Memory - 6 GB

CPU Type - AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

The software is

Radeon Settings Version - 2016.0226.1531.27895

Driver Packaging Version - 15.301.1901-160226a-318064E

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1533

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.1171

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13417

OpenCL™ Version - 2.0.4.0

AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.99

AMD Mantle API Version - Not Available

AMD Audio Driver Version - 7.12.0.7723

The hardware is

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics

Device ID - 9808

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 853F

SubSystem Vendor ID - 1043

Revision ID - 00

Bus Type - PCI

Current Bus Settings - PCI

BIOS Version - 012.036.000.032

BIOS Part Number - 113-C06001-110

BIOS Date - 2011/11/09 14:18

Memory Size - 384 MB

Memory Type - HyperMemory

Memory Clock - 667 MHz

Core Clock - 523 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - Not Available

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

My main issue is video conversion, for example converting a 750mb film in the file format of avi, mp4, mkv etc to DVD. On the Sony, a machine at least seven years older than this one it took about 20 minutes tops to convert a film, on this machine it takes about 90 minutes?? It's the only issue I have the with the machine but it's annoying the much outta me. I feel like Special agent Dale Cooper trapped in the black lodge. It's not the convertx2dvd software i'm using because its the exact same one i had on my Sony, and i've tried other video burning software with no positive results.

I'm sorry for the information overload, but I'm desperate and any help would be appreciated so much.

This is a link to a short video I made on YouTube to show how slow it is  YouTube

Even though it says Vista i had Windows 7 on it.

These images are from the Sony I was using.sony description.JPGsony pc.jpg

s-l500.jpg

0 Likes
8 Replies
paul1972
Journeyman III

Bump

0 Likes

Make sure you do not have hardware decoding enabled. It takes much longer.

0 Likes

Thanks for your input mate but it's not that, it's slow no matter what dvd burning tool i use, like nero for example which also requires video conversion before the burning process. I'm starting to think that maybe my AMD CPU and Video Card are outdated, even though my older machine (with an intel processor) was just better, even though it only had 3gb ram and various other hardware which is now over ten years old but the video conversion process was about 5x faster.

0 Likes

I would make sure you have all the Intel updates, using their driver support tool. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Check this as well > Downloads for Desktop Boards

0 Likes
paul1972
Journeyman III

The machine I'm using is AMD CPU etc, it's up to date and no more support will be released for the processor, even the AMD software that controls the CPU, video care etc doesn't work properly any more, seems AMD forget about their customers who are using 'old' tech...

0 Likes

Ooops, I missed that

0 Likes
s_mcduck
Adept II

Tbh, I don't really think an E series processor is up to the task of video conversion.

0 Likes

Its crazy though because the AMD processor inside my ASUS all in one is about five years newer than the Intel processor that was in my Sony all in one.

0 Likes