cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

shreqtv
Adept I

Radeon RX 580 8GB. White LED, what that LED means?

Hello,

After few months ago I decided to have glass on the side of my PC Box to see components and sometimes i see the white led glowing from time to time when i play some more demanding games. LED is somewhere close to the graphic card's power slot. Should i be aware of this LED?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Is this on the card or the motherboard ?

Either way, you could consult the card/mobo manual, or visit the manufacturers website(e.g. asus, xfx, gigabyte, etc).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

This is from a Gigabyte RX 580 GPU card. The LED on the card indicates the status of the GPU card's Fan.

3D ACTIVE FAN WITH LED INDICATORS

The semi-passive fans will remain off when the GPU is under a set loading or temperature for low power gaming. The LED fan indicator on the top of the graphics card provides an instant display of the fan status.

This is from just one Manufacturer. Need to go to your Manufacturer's GPU card and it will tell what the LED is for. Most likely is similar to Gigabyte's LED indication.

0 Likes