cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rmkscrambler
Journeyman III

Is my Motherboard or 2400G processor defective?

I am trying to build a PC using a 2400G processor. I have built a ryzen 1600 and 1300x in the past with success. However, I am having a lot of issues with this build.

First off the specs

Asus Prime B350m-E motherboard

Ryzen 2400G

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit - Black (CMK8GX4M2B3000C15)

WD Black 256GB NVME SSD

EVGA 450BT power supply

I have updated the bios to the latest 4011 the memory is on the qvl. I am using the latest build of windows 10 all amd drivers from amd website 18.5.1

I have been able to make it into windows with a fresh install. I have even successfully installed the AMD drivers as long as I go in and disable fast boot and manually shut down wait 10 min and turn the computer back on it will come up seemingly stable. I can get through both cinabench cpu and gpu benchmarks. But if I restart the computer or a restart is triggered via any insulation or windows update the computer will fail. Basically the display shuts off  all the lights on the pc keep running. (the power switch is set to shutdown but does nothing at this point) The only thing that works at this point is to hold the power switch in until it shuts off then I have to shutoff the power supply and wait about 10 min and I have a 20% chance of it starting back up and making it to windows without a crash. I have also left it in this state overnight to see if it would work through it on its own with no luck.

I Have tried the chip set and display driver's from asus which cause an immediate crash.

I have also tried letting windows update take care of the drivers which is the most stable however it never updates display drivers and will not even run CB gpu benchmark.

I have not overclocked anything other than I did try the preset ram settings once which caused it to fail to boot forcing me to clear the cmos and start over. I have ran windows memory test and my memory passed.

I suspect the motherboard because another issue I have seen has to do with the usb ports randomly working. Their have been several times while trying to install windows that I have to switch the usb drive and or keyboard and mouse to different ports to find one that works. This is also different each time.

I am not a regular pc builder, I basically know enough to get myself in trouble.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes
0 Replies