cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cantons
Journeyman III

Why is my PSVR treated as 60Hz?

I'm using an R9 m370x. I'm running Windows 10 on a Mac but I only use Windows for VR. I only have one hdmi port on my laptop so I used that one and the usb right next to it for the PSVR. Everything is detected and seems to be okay except for one thing. As I turn my head, the tracking seems to snap every 4th of a second or so all along the turn. It's like about like a flip book. One thing I noticed is that it is smoother when I'm looking at something near (like the floor or the wall behind) but when it needs to render something more distant, it goes back to snapping. I've tried much trouble shooting. My current lead is that the Catalyst Control Center will not see that the PSVR device is able to take 120Hz. It is currently set to 1080P 60Hz. I can't help but wonder if this is throttling the fps or something. Is the port coming from the R9 m370x not fast enough for the PSVR? If it is fast enough, is there anything that I've described that could be a problem related to the GPU, its drivers, etc...?

0 Likes
5 Replies

You need to go to an APPLE Website to get drivers for your BOOTCAMP Mac computer. Here is one site that is popular: BootcampDrivers.com ,

You probably can also post a question there concerning the problem you are having.

0 Likes

I just tried that and got error 1603. His Read Me pdf had a mention of error 1603 but adding a certificate didn't help. Now my computer doesn't recognize my gpu.

0 Likes

Just so happens the person who created those bootcamp driver has an open thread currently here at AMD Forum. I linked this thread to his hopefully he will reply and be able to assist you with your Mac computer running bootcamp drivers : Non-standard/custom resolutions (BootCamp)

0 Likes
matd2100
Adept III

Try 18.3.4 rather than the latest 18.5.2.

0 Likes

I just did and 18.5.2 installed but now steam crashes on startup. Tried reinstalling Steam but it still crashes.

0 Likes