cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

imaysky
Adept II

18.4.1-18.6.1 - Freezing when Crossfire Disable. Temperature increase. (Win10 April Update)

Disabling the crossfire causes the system to stutter. This can be immediately noticed if you go into the parameters of Windows and try to enter different parameters. You can also try right-clicking on the desktop many times. The same slowing down occurs in MSI Afterburner.

Mining does not work. After running the program, the graphics cards are heated more than at Windos 10 1709, and after a few minutes the Hashrate falls to 0. (GPU Workload - Compute)

Sumptuously.

Do you even test your drivers?

CPU: Intel i5 750

GPU: MSI 2x MSI RX 470 Gaming X 4Gb

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E

RAM: 2x4Gb Goodram

Storage: Crucial M4 64GB + WD 1TB Black.

Update. I returned to Windows 10 version 1709. There is no problem with cross-fire. But the Hashrate on the main video card still drops to 0. At 18.3.4, everything is fine.

Update 2. After so much time after 18.4.1, I decided that with the release of new drivers this will all be fixed. But the miracle did not happen. Fresh installation of Windows 10 1803. Disconnection of the Internet and removal of drivers through the DDU. Installation 18.5.1. And what do we see? The system still freezes. In comparison with 18.4.1, after disabling the crossfire, permanent freezing of the mouse cursor takes place. Mining now works stably but the temperature is higher than at 1709 from 18.3.4. But these fu***** freezes during any operations in the desktop environment forced again to return to 1709 and 18.3.4. And most importantly, there is no such problem in the description of known problems. By the way, I sent the report, although I doubt that this will affect anything.

AMD Radeon Software 18.5.1 freezes my computer every 5 seconds

Update 3. Here is a video of the evidence of this problem. In the beginning, I demonstrate freezing when the crossfire is off. Then I turn on the crossfire and as you see there are no problems.

bandicam 2018 06 01 20 15 04 484 - YouTube

Update 4. 18.6.1 - Nothing is fixed.

Also provide screenshots on which you can see the temperature increase.

1709+18.3.4.jpg

1803+18.5.2.jpg

Сообщение отредактировано: Igor 87

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
6 Replies
brucer
Forerunner

I went back to the old beta blockchain drivers..

I couldnt even use 18.4.1, kept getting Radeon settings version does not match driver version.. It wouldnt even load..

Amd really needs to hire some real software engineers, from my understanding things have been broken sine 18.2.2...  I think amd uses interns so they dont have to pay them..

0 Likes
tikwid
Adept II

Same here. When I tried updating to 1803 my system BSOD'd and now after everything I'm wondering if having two GPU's installed has anything to do with it. In any case, after doing a FRESH install of 1803 on my system, I noticed that I started getting horrible stuttering/lag any time I clicked on anything or opened anything AFTER installing the newest AMD drivers. I used DDU to uninstall it and magically the problem went away. So I reinstalled the drivers and it came back again. Then I thought to try enabling crossfire and the stuttering has greatly improved. We shouldn't have to have it enabled by default, though. Even with it enabled, however, performance isn't the same since updating to 1803. I really hope AMD addresses this soon.

0 Likes

try disabling crossfire on both cards in regedit

0 Likes
imaysky
Adept II

Here is a video of the evidence of this problem. In the beginning, I demonstrate freezing when the crossfire is off. Then I turn on the crossfire and as you see there are no problems.

bandicam 2018 06 01 20 15 04 484 - YouTube

Also provide screenshots on which you can see the temperature increase.

1709+18.3.4.jpg1803+18.5.2.jpg

0 Likes
dannotech
Journeyman III

Hi, I am using 6x Radeon RX 580 GPU and a BioStar TB250 BTC motherboard and I had this problem but because there was 6 GPU's, the stuttering got worse and worse with each GPU that I added.  The stuttering was frequent, and would last 3 to 5 seconds each time.   Trying to go into Radeon Settings to change from graphics mode to compute mode would take 10 to 20 minutes each time.  The stuttering only began after installing the drivers which indicated it was related to the GPU drivers.

I think I found the solution-- it worked for me anyway.  Hope it will help you.

The motherboard I'm using for mining DOES NOT SUPPORT CROSSFIRE, but I suspect the problem is related to the drivers trying to auto detect crossfire because there are multiple GPU's installed.  In fact, the stuttering is very similar to when you install a 2nd AMD card into a machine that does support CrossFire and the driver detects it, and that it was cause me to intuitively guess at the problem.

HERE IS HOW I FIXED IT:

Run REGEDIT.EXE

Find every occurrence of EnableCrossFireAutoLink and change the value to 0 (there are many!!)

Find every occurrence of EnableUlps and change the value to 0 (there are equally as many!!)

Reboot.

Boom.  Problem solved.

If it works for you, please reply to this thread so it will gain in popularity and others will know to do it.

remez
Journeyman III

Adrenalin edition 18.6.1 Beta ?

0 Likes