Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zyreon
Journeyman III

RX Vega FE with 18.Q2.1/18.5.2 [Global Wattman and Driverswitching not work]

Hello Guys,

i have installed the new driver 18.Q2.1 and 18.5.2 for my RX Vega Frontier Edition, but i dont can found the Global Wattman and the Driver Switchmode/ Driver Options in Adrenalin?

I'm not sure but in april 2018 i have tuned my Card with Global Wattmann :O. Is there anyone here with a similar problem?

Best regards Zy

0 Likes
3 Replies
dontknow
Journeyman III

In Radeon Pro Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 the Driver Switch and Wattman option was already missing.

According to the driver description there should be the feature.

Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2 Beta Release Notes

Feature Support Information

• Driver Options is only available on Microsoft Windows® 10. This is not available with multi-GPU configurations nor with Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris").

I have a Windows 10 Home 64bit and one Radeon Vega FE LC and the feature is no longer available since the driver versions 18.5.1 and 18.5.2.

0 Likes

Hello Dontknow,

thanks for your answer. My Vega FE runs very loud with the standard performance. the transistors beep <-( i dont know is the right word in English) so hard if i start only Software or Game. If i OC this GPU you dont can hear my transistors. Is there a possibil the Card with permanently OC with Atiflash and Bios Editor?

This make me at the moment so sick

0 Likes

Unfortunately I can't say anything about OC via BIOS flashing.

My Vega FE doesn't make any noise, except a little gurgle from the water cooling.

But now I got the driver 18.Q2.1 installed so that the Driver Switchmode/ Driver Options and Wattman work again.

First I uninstalled everything with the uninstaller (C:/AMD/<driver folder>/bin/Uninstaller.exe)

Then I reinstalled the driver 18.Q2.1.

Between by the installer asks, I want to execute the "Custom Install", this must be selected absolutely.

Then the installer asks if you want to install multiple drivers, which must be answered in the YES.

After the installation you can use the driver option to install the gaming driver and then use Wattman again.

A install guide from AMD.... https://www2.ati.com/relnotes/driver-options-user-guide.pdf

0 Likes