cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

marcelo2020
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 2700x x ddr4 2400 memory type/brand/competitors?

Hello.

Im bulding a new computer. I bought a motherboard asus ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING and a ryzen 7 2700x. Next step: buy memory cards. I want to buy a ddr 4 2400 memory cards. I DONT want to overclock the computer.
Ive being doing research in the city i leave about the memory card (comparing with newegg.com site and specifications), and my doubts are:
1. Any ddr 4 2400 card is compatible with rog strix x470-F gaming and the ryzen 7 2700x?
2. I see many memory types which claim to be optimized for others processors, and dont say anything about AMD, or even ryzen second generation processors. May I use it in a system built for Ryzen 7 2700x?
3. I see some shops claiming a type of memory card is compatible with ryzen, but doesnt says if its first or second generation. Is it safe to buy it? Even being for ryzen 7 first generation?

4. My motherboard has a quality vendor list that do not specify if the memory model can be used on my amd system. Should I use only specified for ryzen 7 second generation memory compatible cards?

What a mess!

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Reply
marcelo2020
Journeyman III

Hey, queres THE noskill post and THE following answer frontal me to him?

0 Likes