Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rbrtwrght
Adept I

R9 Fury X Problem

I have an issue with my R9 Fury X.

It no longer works at all. The Radeon logo lights up, and the fan spins, but the LED power lights do not work, and there is no video output. I have swapped cables, checked the monitor and updated the MB bios, but still nothing. I had just updated to the latest Radeon software, and everything was fine for a few hours, but then the screen just went blank.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rob

0 Likes
7 Replies

Tried another PCIe slot?

Good call, no not yet. I'll give that a go when I get back from work. Thanks.

0 Likes

Tried that, but didn’t work unfortunately. I also tried swapping the PCIE power cables. Thanks though.

0 Likes

Could be a dead card, the bad thing is that there's no real cheap way to replace it with AMD's Vega shortage problem (thank you miners!) and nVidia's inflated prices since they have no reason to undercut AMD. Vega64, at least Powercolor's version, is $600, though it's still $100 more expensive than AMD's unenforceable MSRP...

Thanks for that. Looks like I’m getting a new card then. Cheapest I can find it here in the UK is about £560, or $740!!!

0 Likes

Something you might want to think about doing is buying a weak card now until prices stabilize. nVidia is due to release the GTX 1100 series in the next couple of months which should thrash even the GTX 1080Ti so price cuts will be forced, mining demand has plummeted thanks to ASICs from China so stocks will accumulate. If you can get by with a cheap card that is.

Worth thinking about, thanks. Although I have a FreeSync monitor so will probably stay with AMD, but like you say, it would probably be worth waiting for prices to fall.

Thanks for your help, appreciated.

0 Likes