cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wolfgtweb
Journeyman III

Display pause every 5 seconds

I just added an AMD Firepro 2460 to my system (specs below). I am experiencing a split second (sometimes up to a second) pause (hiccup) every 5 seconds on all displays. This will happen to video (youtube is the best way to see it happening), but will also happen to everything else, just sometimes hard to see unless there is movement. If you take an icon on the desktop and move it around the screen, you will see the motion of the movement glitch every 5 seconds. So it isn't just a video thing. This is a huge issue because I do day trading. Brief pauses in my displays is a big problem.

My system:

HP Compaq Elite 8300 Small Form Factor

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

24GB memory

Seagate Barracuda (ST500DM002) hard drive (OS Drive)

Intel HD onboard video (currently disabled)

Running the latest driver for the Firepro that I can find: 1/18/2017, 15.201.2401.1009

Loaded Radeon Settings software to see if I could see any settings that could help, but there wasn't much I could configure in there.

And just to give a little history, right before I put this card in, I was running 6 displays. One on the onboard display port, one on the onboard vga and four on USB adapters. There was no glitching in that setup. The reason I moved to the Firepro is that the USB bus could not handle the resolution I wanted on the 4 screens I was trying to run through it. So to make them stable, I had to bump the resolution down on two of them. Which I was trying to fix with the Firepro.

Running four 27" monitors with 6' mini-hdmi to hdmi cables. I have 6 monitors but have the other two currently off for testing. I have tried running the onboard video for the other two and that is when I saw the issue first. I disable the onboard video thinking it was some sort of sync issue between the two cards. It wasn't. I get the issue now with the onboard disabled in the BIOS. I also tried to run the other two screens from USB adapters and got the same 5 second hiccup.

I have checked the performance monitors and nothing appears to be spiking at that interval. I am going to go ahead and enable the onboard video so I can get my 6 screens up. But need help with this hiccup issue.

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
1 Reply
wolfgtweb
Journeyman III

Anyone out there?

0 Likes