Did you mean: 

Processors

david-
Adept I

Ryzen 7 2700 X - DDR4 3200 Mhz

Hi,

I have a windows 10 config with :

Ryzen 7 2700X

MSI X470 Gaming Plus (last bios version)

Gskill 2x8Go DDR4 F4-3200C16D-16GVGB

Radeon HD 4800 Series

I have a "bad system config info" when a restart my computer, after scan done, I can access windows.

I tried to set 2400/2933/3200 Mhz in BIOS, and activate 8/16 core with ryzen 7 Master but I still have a "bad system config info" (0xc0000218).

At the begining the CPU had only 6/12 cores activated, I set a 3200 Mhz RAM and "bad system config info" disappears.

After activate 8/16 cpu cores  I still have "bad system config info", now I can't change any CPU/RAM bios settings without the "bad system config info" error.

I already try this :

How to fix the Windows 10 Bad System Config Info error - Windows 10

But nothing change ... If i Try the last option "Advanced options, then Troubleshoot, Advanced options and Command Prompt." When I am in the command prompt, I can read this message :  "not enough memory to perform this operation".

I also try a 2400 Mhz frequency, I saw the Gskill DDR4 in this list Support For X470 GAMING PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

But still the same, "bad system config info"...

How can I fix this issue without having to resintall windows and all software ?

Is my DDR4 is compatible ? Do I need to buy an AMD certified kit ?

Or the problem is my radeon HD 4800 Series could be the problem ?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
david-
Adept I

After windows update KB4100403 (I don't think this was the issue) and after uninstall MSI Ram Disk (I think this was the problem) I don't have "bad system config info" error message. DDR4 is running fine at 3200 Mhz but do I need to set it at 2400 Mhz (Support For X470 GAMING PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global ) ?

Ryzen 7 and X470 really need AMD certified DDR4 kit ?

0 Likes

Hi,

I dont think you should but your RAM at 2400MHz if it works fine with the "XMP" profile and you have no memory errors.

My RAM is not on the QVL from the motherboard but on the Kingston site unter QVL it says that is verified to work with Ryzen 2 at 3200MHz and it works without problems,so i run it on 3200MHz from day one.

Btw my Kit : 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 MHZ HX432C16PB3K2/16.

I hope this helps

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for your feedback

For the moment the DDR4 is working fine on 3200 Mhz with XMP settings.