cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

monkfoureaux
Journeyman III

Resolution/Pixels issues after updating driver

Hi. I'm having some serious issues when upgrading my graphic driver. I'm actually stuck on 16.3.1 version, as all the drivers after that one came with the same problema for me, and I keep rolling back to 16.3.

Before 16.3, after every upgrade I needed to adjust the pixel/resolution. No problem there.

Problem occurs when installing versions after 16.3 (on Win 7 and Win 10). It gets buggy, 'cause even after adjust the pixels and the resolution, the screen is oversized and stretched, never fixing the issue. And then I'm forced to (again) roll back to 16.3.

Yesterday, with the new updates from Windows 10, the driver also updated along. Same here. Screen stretched and oversized.

Here are my specs:

Radeon Software Version: 18.5.1

Windows Version: Windows 10 (64 bit)

MOBO: A88X-PLUS

RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB (2x8GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 Black Series

POWER: CoolerMaster 1000W - V1000W 80 Plus Gold

CPU: AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G

CARD: VAPOR-X R9 270X

MONITOR: LG FLATRON M2380A (on HDMI)

For now, I'm going back to 16.3. I hope some of you can help me soon.

P.S: sorry for the english.

UPDATE:

In contact with a friend, we tried a few workarounds. Tried connecting with DisplayPort adapter (with HDMI on the monitor and the adapter on the PC), nothing changed.

Then, we decided to test it with another monitor. This time we used an older one (FLATRON W1952TQ), and since it doesn't have HDMI inputs I had to use VGA. It worked like a charm! Then I immediatly plugged the VGA on the M2380A  and unplugged the HDMI. It also worked. That said, the problem IS with the driver AND it's connected with how it solves the HDMI connection, and the only way to work with the more recent drivers is retiring the HDMI for now and using the VGA.

0 Likes
1 Reply
monkfoureaux
Journeyman III

Really? No help at all? I confess I'm disappointed.

EDIT: Come on guys. I've been searching on foruns and faqs. Been talking to friends. I can't be stuck with a driver of almost 2 years old. Any help?

0 Likes