cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

comthegamer
Journeyman III

R8 M445DX R7 Graphics Problem.

So i've been playing CS:GO with this laptop and my FPS drops to 35 from 60 almost all the time. and sometimes it can't even go over 45 fps, and there is a lot of screen tearing. I already tried setting my radeon settings to performance mode, set all my settings to low, and all that stuff. this problem still exist when i am playing other games too. for example : TF2 [30-60 fps, not stable], and some other games but i haven't played it in a while because it was too laggy.

I tried updating my drivers from 16.6 to the latest version that is out now, but the problem actually gotten worse. [15-40 fps with high input lag and a lot more screen tearing]

So what i am trying to ask is "what is the best driver for me? and what should i do to fix this? i've been using 16.6 for a long time now. and i would like to get out of this fps drop hell"

I am still new to this AMD thing so go easy on me

ACER ASPIRE E5-553G

Windows 10

AMD Radeon R7 Graphics

AMD Radeon R8 M445DX

RAM : 8 GB

AMD A12-9700P

0 Likes
8 Replies

Is this the driver you are installing? Laptop graphics update...How to

Download Drivers

Do you have any yellow marks in Device Manager?

No it didn't work. now its even worse. 20-40 fps. any solutions?

0 Likes

Hi, as you can see below, I have the same problem, and not long time ago the program which is called GPU-Z showed me that this video card doesn't support UEFI, I don't know is that a true, but if you have an opportunity to reinstall Windows, or install oldest versions, try this and write what happened.

0 Likes
arctur
Adept I

Hi all, I have the same problem, and even more, the same laptop. At the beginning I thought that my video card is working normally, but when I saw the 23fps in DotA2 at the lowest settings I was scared. Task manager showed me only 512 mb of memory at both cards, but (I hope) it's a lie 'cause AS I CAN READ my video card have 2 gb of graphics memory. I was trying to do something at BIOS, because I thought that it's limiting card memory but it doesn't worked. Many versions of drivers was installed at my laptop, and nothing could help at this problem. Furthermore, at this forum a lot of problems like this (with the same card) are nor solved. So, AMD, please, help the people that bought laptops with your soft solve this problem, I CAN'T EVEN DO MY JOB AT AUTOCAD, don't make me and other AMD users nervous. JUST HELP US.

0 Likes
lordmashie
Adept I

Same problem here, same laptop (presumably - Acer Aspire E5-553G-12C6)

Both cards (integrated and dedicated) show up with 512MB of VRAM in task manager (and in most games by the looks of it) but GPU-Z can see that the R7 M340 (rebranded as the R8 M445DX) does indeed have 2048MB of dedicated VRAM.

I've tried downloading drivers from both AMD and Acer's websites.

I've tried reinstalling them after using the AMD clean uninstall utility.

I've set everything to high performance

I've tried looking for things in the BIOS that might help

NONE of that fixed the issue. At this rate, I'd advise anyone looking to buy a PC to avoid ANYTHING with an AMD chip in it. Very disappointed.

Same situation, nothing works and still 25 fps on csgo(low settings) and even drops to 15

0 Likes

Please check my solution above

0 Likes
jesus92
Journeyman III

I'm writing this to all owners of Radeon R8 m445dx , apply this to other dual APU/GPU by your own risk.

First, if you play CSGO, do this:
https://gist.github.com/nickbudi/3916475

Use his autoexec, remove the binds if you want (edit with notepad).

Use his launch options, just remove -freq 144 and -refresh 144, it's useless in notebooks.

You can skip that radar thing.

The vibrance GUI adds nice saturation to spot enemies easier, test at 225-255 range and you'll be surprised. It doesn't impact FPS, it's just color

Tried Windows 10 and Windows 7. If you really want to play CSGO or LOL, you will have to switch to Windows 7 64 bits, any version I guess. I used Professional. I suggest you print this if you have to.

Win 10 LOL FPS: 50-65

Win 7 LOL FPS: 120+

Win 10 CSGO FPS in a particular scenario: 65

Win 7 CSGO FPS in the same location: 120+

If you're willing to install Windows 7, follow this:

The usb 3.0 ports (blues) dont work at first, so put the usb boot media into the 2.0 (black) one. You will have to make

boot using touchpad at first.

So boot and fully install Windows 7.

Install this driver for wireless:

Qualcomm Atheros Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad E470, E570 - US 

I know is a Lenovo link, but it works, i swear I have the acer e5 553g t4tj

After that, get the Crimson 16.7.3 driver and install it:
AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.7.3 WHQL driver download 

Reboot your machine and needless to say, deny any AMD update popup. Don't check the update box when installation ends! 

Next, download Driver booster, choose free version and not free trial:

Download Driver Booster - the best free driver updater for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP. 

You will have to manually select driver by driver install, don't update anything related to Radeon R5 or Radeon R7. Select everything but the video. Install and reboot as many times as it asks you to.

Driver BOoster will make USB 3.0 work, aswel as any other things, bluetooth, card reader, webcam...

Unnistall Driver Booster after complete

Install games and enjoy, no need to configure a thing in AMD panel. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't want to leave Windows 10. You will have 45-70 FPS in this games

I'm sorry. But heres how to make the best of windows 10 too, even though it sucks:

First you need to use any program that gives an option to delay or not let Windows 10 upgrade your driver automatically at all.
This is a must, or eventually you will have to downgrade it again.

I used this:
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/stopupdates10.html
If you ever need to update windows, simply unninstall it, update, reboot, install again.

After that, use the AMD cleanup utility to remove all AMD drivers and software 100%:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

Do as you're told there, it will reboot in safe mode, execute the operation and reboot again.

After that, get the Crimson 16.7.3 driver and install it:
https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/amd-radeon-software-crimson-16-7-3-whql-driver-download,1.html

Reboot your machine and needless to say, deny any AMD update popup. Don't check the update when installation ends! 

Extra tags because this thread is on google and I want people to find the solution:
radeon dual graphics rx r8 r7 m440 fps drop lag gaming acer e5 directx sutter heavy fix updated drops performance gaming 

0 Likes