cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yasin861
Journeyman III

Entegrated Gpu is being used everytime

I have a laptop with amd radeon 535dx but the entegrated GPU, which is AMD Radeon R7 Graphics, is being used even in graphic demanding programs and games. I set it to work in high performance mode from Radeon Additional Settings but it still uses the entegrated GPU. I don't think the problem is caused by the applications. What should I try. Also, should I use the GPU driver which I download from HP support or the ones that I can download for my AMD website, because the name of GPu changes from 535dx to M340. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Reply

It is always best to use your Laptop's Manufacturer's drivers. You can alway use AMD Generic drivers if they are much newer and needed to run newer games or applications. But they may not take full advantage of your Laptop's features.

AMD Laptop drivers may change the GPUs name but it will be the same as the one installed on the laptop. Using the Laptop's manufacturer driver will correctly show the proper name for your GPUs in your laptop.

This is AMD Forum's procedure to update your Laptop using AMD drivers : Laptop graphics update...How to  and this is how to configure your Laptop to be switchable : Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System .

This is a bit outdated but it show how to configure a HP Laptop from HP Support: HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs | HP® Customer...

This WIndowsTen thread may be useful: Windows 10 Help Forums

0 Likes