cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

atmosfearz
Adept I

2600x Precision Boost Voltage

Hello. I got 2600x + x470. 2600x stock  Core Voltage goes up to 1.5V Vcore to 1.45. Another problem is that Cinebench running only 3.8-3.9ghz all cores (I have a good cooling, temps not going above 60). If I try PB with scalar x8 voltages goes up to 1.54V on cores and 1.5V on Vcore (in that case my boost goes 3.95 all cores in cinebench). Is that nearly to be safe? Actually my processor seems to be really bad because I can't reach 4.1ghz all cores even with 1.4V (cinebench working with 4.2ghz, but prime95 small fft kills everything above 4050). I waited for so long and now I'm really disapointed in AMD.

0 Likes
2 Replies
ajlueke
Grandmaster

Hello,

It isn't surprising to see cores boosted to 1.5V using precision boost.  Precision boost will determine the thread level of the applications you are running and boost the cores accordingly.  Certain motherboard manufacturers implement more aggressive algorithms, that may boost things further depending on the cooling you have.

pastedImage_1.png

When you say your CPU can't hit 4.1ghz on all cores, how are you overclocking?  P-state, multiplier?

0 Likes

Multiplier. As I said I can play games on 4.2ghz but I can't pass prime95 even on 4.1. I made 4.050Ghz with 1.34V today. Memory is stable in blender 3333 VLL. Another question is how much processor can last if I use scalar x10 for PBO.

0 Likes