cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alexflorin31
Journeyman III

Where can I find driver for AMD Radeon 520 ( 2gb ) for windows 8.1 ?

Hello , I recently purchased a Acer Aspire A315-21g with a AMD Radeon 520 dedicated video card , but I cannot find the driver for it. Please help me !

0 Likes
1 Solution
shinyin
Adept I

Hi there..
AMD no longer supports Windows 8.1, just like kingfish said.http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

Altough, you can install the lastest driver available:
Which is the 17.7.1

Furthermore, AMD does not offer drivers for graphics cards for that you should also look at manufacturing site

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies

There are no drivers for that card for Win8.1. AMD and Microsoft dropped support a couple of years ago. You can try the drivers for Win7...no guarantees.

This of course is based on the assumption that you do not have a APU. Laptop graphics update...How to

I find it hard to believe you recently bought a new computer with Win8.1 as its OS.

0 Likes
shinyin
Adept I

Hi there..
AMD no longer supports Windows 8.1, just like kingfish said.http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

Altough, you can install the lastest driver available:
Which is the 17.7.1

Furthermore, AMD does not offer drivers for graphics cards for that you should also look at manufacturing site

0 Likes
alexflorin31
Journeyman III

Thank you for answers , I have an Acer laptop with Amd A9-9420 ( dual core ) processor with Amd R5 graphics and a dedicated Video Card - AMD Radeon 520 2gb . It came with a Linux OS , I installed Windows 8.1 . So , even for Windows 10 , I won't find driver for it ? I mean , how can I use the dedicated video card with Windows ?

Thank you very much !

0 Likes

Why I said ""This of course is based on the assumption that you do not have a APU"".

Please read Laptop graphics update...How to

This is why information is requested > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Manually select the correct driver for your laptop:

Download Drivers

0 Likes
alexflorin31
Journeyman III

It says in the DxDiag that I have R5 graphics with 4000 mb of memory , and when I enter Amd Catalyst settings it says that it has 840 mhz of core speed , while Radeon 520 has 1000 , why it doesn't show me Radeon 520 in DxDiag ?

Thank you very much !!

0 Likes

Because DX is reading the current (idle) graphics. Laptops read differently.

Do some reading:

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

Dedicated Graphics Card Doesn't show in dxdiag. - [Solved] - Graphics Cards

0 Likes