cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

s386lwbnm
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 1600 faulty?

I have had my new PC since about January. Everything was running fine until the past three weeks. Now if I have too many web tabs open, or run any game for more than an hour. It'll crash the application and if ran again, crashes the entire computer with the error "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Sometimes just straight up crashing first time. Some searching showed that there was an unknown fault in the processor during a certain manufacturing time frame.

Can confirm with several Diagnostic and stress tests by two different PC professionals, that the results narrowed down to the CPU as well. The CPU was ordered online with the rest of the PC parts and put together at home. I don't know if AMD will cover my issue, or if there's further confirmation on such an issue. Am I screwed into just buying a new CPU?

0 Likes
6 Replies

Run Memtest86, sounds more like a RAM issue for me.

0 Likes

Already ran that one. RAM showed no faults or errors.

0 Likes

It can be everything an nothing .. that error tells : something is incompatible and accesses memory should not.

It can be bad Windows update , old drivers the new update does not like , in some cases it can be overcloacking issue too.

Have a look there : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This is OS error I don't think your CPU is bad .. you can try to get an Linux Live Distribution and test boot that box as example.

Also ran the LLD, I myself don't know the errors, but I don't quite understand the results. Some photos from my phone here: Computer Diagnostics - Google Drive Some of them maybe repeated photos. As I took two or three of the same results to insure a clear reading.

Drivers are all up to date. I'll look into what third party softwares I might have.

0 Likes

Well turn off secure boot.. ArchLinux ( afaik ) does not support that by default. You may want boot Fedora , they should support

secure boot. However at the point you see these errors your CPU is fully poplulate already , the errors are about:

secure boot

nvidia drivers

and later ofc about mounting the boot partition ( probably bc the secure boot validation )

0 Likes

Welp...turns out we were all wrong. None of our solutions were ideal....none of our thoughts of WHAT was wrong....were right.

So I pulled one of the RAM cards to take photos for the computer shop.....and when I put it in and turned it on....

20180529_123158.jpg

This appeared, before anything else even went. So I shut it off, swapped slots, and turned it back on. Played for over 3 hours. No crash.....the solution after all this time of running troubleshooters and diagnostic tests....and it was because I didn't have the cards in proper spots. Wasn't any options, wasn't any applications. Just one Ram card...in the wrong slot.

I guess... case closed.

0 Likes