cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

alpacasovereign
Journeyman III

WIN 10 - XFX AMD R9 280X drivers freeze system completely?

Hi all, so I've just reinstalled windows, I moved from windows 7 to windows 10 through a clean reinstall of the OS. I have read and tried the suggestions in the first "Read before you post" to no avail.

I notice whenever I try to install the drivers for the GPU, the system immediately freezes. I have tried through device manager, I have tried the AMD radeon adrenalin software, I have tried through windows 10 updates, nothing is working and it just freezes. I've uninstalled it with DDU in safe mode which also froze, but then the basic display adapter from windows was installed which squished the screen and made everything really big and ugly, but as soon as I try to install the drivers, it just freezes. Adrenalin software only gets to 'scanning for hardware' before it completely freezes, causing me to turn off and turn the entire system on again.

Any help would be appreciated, I am at a loss. Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Reply

Some INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION​ may help someone offer suggestions,

Especially win10 build vers.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes