cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

arturob
Journeyman III

Hi, I have a radeon R7 250 and a Samsung C27F390 that supports Freesync, but the Radeon setting program shows this monitor as "not compatible display"

Hi, I activated the option Freesync on my Samsung C27F390, but the AMD setting program don't recognize my monitor as Freesync compatible.

My grafic card is a Gigabyte R7 250 with 2Gb DDR3

I have the latest driver from AMD web.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Are you using the HDMI cable which came with the monitor? Also, that monitor has a Freesync range of 48-72, any lower than 48fps and it won't  function anyway.

0 Likes

This AMD site might be outdated but this is what is says are the requirements for Freesync: What are the requirements to use Radeon FreeSync™ technology?

Also this is where I got that information from AMD FREESYNC FAQ: AMD FreeSync™ Technology Frequently Asked Questions​.

From above FAQ concerning GPU cards compatible with FREESYNC ( It is old but valid in your case):

All AMD Radeon™ graphics cards in the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000, HD 8000, R7 or R9 Series will support Radeon FreeSync™ technology for video playback and power-saving purposes. The AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2, 290X, R9 290, R9 285, R7 260X and R7 260 GPUs additionally feature updated display controllers that will support dynamic refresh rates during gaming.

0 Likes
thoatvidiadem
Journeyman III

I also have the same problem. Do not know if you've fixed it yet.
If successful, please let me know.

Email thoatvis@gmail.com

Thanks you!

0 Likes