Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

trysicle
Journeyman III

AMD laptop no driver detected

• AMD Graphics Card: RX 460
  • Desktop or Laptop System: ASUS FX550I (Laptop)
  • Operating System: Windows10 64bit
  • Driver version installed:
  • Display Devices: Laptop
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision: unsure
  • CPU/APU: AMD Quad-Core FX-9830P
  • Power Supply Unit: unsure
  • RAM: 4GB

So I'm experiencing the Code 43 error. I've done everything I can but none of the solutions I've found worked. Basically I wanted to update my drivers. It didn't work so I tried rolling back. I made a mistake by deleting the driver software while doing so (Clicking the checkbox that says "Delete the driver software for this device" after clicking uninstall). Now I think that prevented me from doing a rollback and instead got me the Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

What I've tried so far:

1. Uninstalling from Device Manager and rebooting

2. Using DDU, rebooting, installing a new driver, and rebooting again

3. Deleting the AMD folder in C: and installing a new driver and rebooting

4. Uninstalling from "Uninstall a Program" from Control Panel and installing a new driver and rebooting

Some additional info:

1. When I try to install the new drivers, it always says that the version used is 17.5 even after I install 18.2.1 and reinstalling it (Pardon as I'm not sure what the exact version is)

2. When I run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, it says otherwise and says I'm using the Microsoft Basic Display Driver

3. I've tried using the Windows update but nothing happened.

I might've tried something that isn't there since I've tried a lot of ways. The only thing I haven't done yet is reinstalling windows 10. Still checking to see if there are other possible solutions

Screenshots:

pastedImage_32.png

pastedImage_35.png

pastedImage_36.png

I can send more info if need. Please Help

0 Likes
0 Replies