Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pudland
Adept I

Latest 18.4.1 reinstall after GPU swap?

Hello all,

Must I reinstall Adrenalin 18.4.1 when moving from an ASUS HD7850 to a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8G?

Or will it auto detect the new GPU without reinstallation?

Must I purge the driver for the 7850?

Both GPU's are listed as supported.

Current system:

Desktop

i5-2500K OC'd to 4MHz

2 x 8gb 1866 Ripjaws X

ASUS P8Z77-V LX

ASUS HD7850

CORSAIR HX series HX650

Thanks in advance!

Adam

0 Likes
1 Solution
georges
Challenger

1) You have to download DDU

2) go safe mode and run this program.. Υou have to choose Clean and Shutdown option..

3) After Shutdown turn off power supply and put your new GPU

4) you will re-install 18.4.1 after boot

View solution in original post

5 Replies
georges
Challenger

1) You have to download DDU

2) go safe mode and run this program.. Υou have to choose Clean and Shutdown option..

3) After Shutdown turn off power supply and put your new GPU

4) you will re-install 18.4.1 after boot

You need to go to device manager and remove the old device before you shutdown to install the new card. Install the new card start it up re-run the driver install choose custom and clean install. That should do it. As the other person mentioned you can use DDU, but probably isn't needed if you do it the way I said. If you yanked the old card without removing it from device manager you may get an issue and DDU will be a good fix for that.

0 Likes
pudland
Adept I

Thanks for the help!  Card should be delivered today, I hope to install it tonight or tomorrow.  I'll keep the thread posted!

pudland
Adept I

Hi all,

I decided to do the DDU method and worked flawless.  Thanks for the help!  Now on to some benchmarking!

Thanks!

No reason it shouldn't have worked it just was more than you likely needed to do, and used non-AMD method. The DDU is great when needed. Enjoy your new card. I suggest in the future however that you should absolutely go to device manager and remove hardware first.

0 Likes