cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

indevbrian
Journeyman III

Games Stuttering

I have this laptop, specs are r7 1700, rx580 4GB factory underclocked at 1077Mhz, 16GB RAM 2400Mhz, 256GB SATA SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit, Crimson 18.4.1

When I first got it there were no issues with games but after a few weeks GTA V started to stutter. I've tried many things and tested a few other games, it happens on all games, but most noticeable on graphically intensive ones.

In GTA V I can normally get 70-90fps on almost lowest settings, but driving fast starts microstuttering, and going into the paleto bay area starts major stuttering, sometimes half of every second is cut off. I've moved it form my HDD to my SSD, no change. I've changed every setting in game and in Radeon settings, no change, freesync on or off doesn't matter. The only way I've found to stop the stuttering is turning on half Vsync in GTA, but then I'm locked at 30fps which is just awful, normal Vsync reduces it, but there is still some noticeable stuttering around the paleto bay area. In CSGO I maxed my graphics and did some tests, every second starts out around 150, then goes down to 30 or less by the end of the second, visible stuttering. capping fps to any below around 120 however keeps a steady 120(or whatever the cap is.) So it seems that if the game is capped around 30fps or more below what it could be doing there is no stuttering.Any way to fix this?

0 Likes
0 Replies