cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pwhitehead6
Journeyman III

Maximum MST outputs on a WX 4100

Is it possible to connect a 4 channel MST hub to each of the 4 outputs on the WX4100, in turn feeding to 16x displays at once? I appreciate all displays would be 1920x1080 and thats what we want to achieve.

I know the card itself does 4x 4K @ 60Hz o am hopeful the MST hub will just split those signals out.

Thanks,

Phill

0 Likes
1 Solution

Cross-Eyefinity is not supported in our current Win 10 driver. This means you cannot merge Eyfinity screens from different boards. You best option is to use a Software solution provided by digital signage companies.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
fsadough

No. You cannot exceed the maximum number of display engines/controllers. Regardless how many MST hubs you connect, you cannot go beyond 6 displays. WX 4100 has 6 display engines/controllers.

BTW, WX 4100 supports 3x 4K@60Hz and 4x 4K@30Hz

Hi, thanks for the info. I didnt realise the display engines was a thing. Where can i find specifications on display engines etc? Googling is ok but unless i know what i am googling for i am a bit unsure. MST is quite new to me sorry.

0 Likes

Display engines specifications are actually confidential and part of board design. What exactly do you need to know?

0 Likes

Ok, sounds like a limiting factor and something which should probably be displayed. Reading on MST it just splits the output signal to whatever you say i.e. 1x 4K split to 4x HD. Trying to achieve 16 outputs from a single card with an MST connected to each output. I thought as each output has a particular bandwidth (WX4100 4x mDP 4K outputs) and as all the MST hub is doing it splitting it then it was well within those ranges?? Need to find more info on MST really.

Cheers for the help BTW!

0 Likes

Best you can do with a single card is Matrox C900 with 9 outputs
9 Monitor Video Card | Multi-Display | 9 Output Graphics Card

Thanks fsadough​ we actually have a good relationship with Matrox but cost wise we wanted to go with the lower cost WX4100, for the price in the uk we can implement 4x WX4100 for the price of 1x C900. We also need to look at low profile.

Thank you for the help, much appreciated!

0 Likes

Keep in mind using 4x WX4100 boards, you will have 4x sets of independent displays. You cannot merge the images from different GPUs together.

0 Likes

Would eyefinity not allow me to make effectively one / four big desktops? Presumably its like any extended desktop where you can drag something across to another display, will it allow you to show half on one display on Card A for instance and the half on Card B? Trying to understand limitations with eyefinity and scaled desktops etc. Also what should i be looking for on datasheets / specifications for this kind of limitation?

Thanks,

Phill

0 Likes

Cross-Eyefinity is not supported in our current Win 10 driver. This means you cannot merge Eyfinity screens from different boards. You best option is to use a Software solution provided by digital signage companies.

0 Likes