I just built a new computer:

Win 10 pro 64bit free version

asrock ab350 pro4

ryzen 3 2200g

gskill ripjaws 2x4gb 3200mhz

evga 600 watt psu

W.D. 1 Tb SATA HD

Dell monitor at 64hz 1280x1024

Everything installed wonderfully. I downloaded BF1 demo to give it a try, It would not run due to an error saying I I had a basic display driver. So I went ahead and downloaded the latest drivers from amd.com for the ryzen 3 2200g. The game started right up but while playing there is terrible screen tearing, It made it unplayable, although I played it anyway...the graphics were beautifull! game play was amazing, but I could barely see what was going on with all the white geometric shapes flashing on the screen.

Also I get strange artifacts, pixilation, tearing just on the desktop and in menus so its not just the game. I had to reinstall windows.

Is it a monitor issue?

please help, I know I am not the only person with this same issue.

Thank you

0 Likes
49 Replies

I really think you could have bad hardware either CPU or MB. I would contact both ASROCK and AMD.  ASROCK: ASRock > Support Request Form  AMD: Email Form

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

I am agreeing with pokester here might be hardware fault. Another idea is bios a bios flash with 1709 probly fix your issues. To me your either installing you OS drivers the wrong way I suspect or as Pokester has said being hardware related. Could even be your ram to as AMD builds are picky with certain ddr4 ram as well.

0 Likes

Absolutely could be a bios issue but that is still hardware related. So this is why, if it were me I would be asking the experts that made the board at this point instead of guessing. Never hurts to ask and if that doesn't pan out you can go back to guessing. I know this, those pictures he has posted look nothing like the other issues I have seen and look similar to pics from bad hardware I have seen in the past. Again this could be completely wrong. That is why we ask the experts when we can.

0 Likes

Ok I got a response from AMD via email. They said its something they have seen before and to wait for a newer driver from AMD, and then suggested I try the 23.20.817.0 version drive from: PRIME B350-PLUS Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS Canada? I told reminded them I have an Asrock motherboard....

0 Likes

Awesome advice, NOT. I'd be talking to Asrock. I always like bothering the AIB maker as I figure even if they don't help and it is an AMD issue for instance, then they will be crabbing at AMD to get it fixed too!  A new driver on the horizon certainly may fix things. I have had numerous issues fixed by recent drivers so definitely don't give up hope, but this stuff should work to begin with.  Just scary the attention to detail they showed you.

0 Likes

I tried the Asus driver, they said it has worked for some. Strange advice I

agree. I did not work and actually would get an Game32 error from steam

when I tried to load any of my games. So they said just wait for a new

driver! I will try Asrock when I get a chance....

I did download and run 3dMark - SkyDiver benchmark test. Got the same

flashing polygons, and towards the end the screen goes blank.

The score was 8,071 combined. And it had a validation warning "Graphics

driver is not approved" whatever that means....

I'm not sure how to tell if its a hardware issue or not so until then I ll

just keep guessing. I don't have another computer or friends that could

help me test it in theres.

0 Likes

Unless mistaken I believe Asrock is a subsidiary of Asus, so, the same parent company. The validation thing is just that 3D Mark doesn't recognize the driver as having passed their validation. Nothing to worry about there.

Asrock should absolutely be able to help you figure out if you have a hardware issue or not. Or if you are unfortunately just in need of a future update, whether that be chip set or bios, who knows.

It just sure looks to me from your pictures like it absolutely could be hardware related.

If you bought this retail maybe they could even work an exchange or something for you. They often can be very nice is you explain things well and are nice about it.

0 Likes
toyota78
Adept I

Big update boys and girls. I updated to the 4.7 BIOS from 4.4 and It works like it should. I think I considered this a while back but didn't want to risk a failed update but I asked asrock and they emailed me back with a link to there  BIOS page for my mb and I tried it and it worked. I'm playing normal on quake 3, last man standing, and the 3d mark test sky diver. got an 8883 score 42fps. My start menu doesn't flash anymore. I'm really shocked.
The bios was released march 3. Wish I would have tried it sooner. OH well.

you can mark this one solved.

is it possible to change the title of this thread

0 Likes

I got an Asus B350m-k. They loaded a new bios on 2018/05/02.

Dunno if it will help, cause I got normal picture on old bios from

2018/01/26

2018-05-17 11:02 GMT+03:00 toyota78 <amd-external@jiveon.com>:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: screen tearing with new drivers in Graphics

0 Likes