cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vladsg
Newcomer

Install Adrenalin Edition Driver on Windows 10

Installed (with HDD partition formatting) WINDOWS 10 x64 18.03 (April 2018 Update)
I downloaded and unpacked the driver, the driver installation was started, but at the "Installing the display driver" stage it hangs, it helps only to turn off the computer power. So I can not install the driver in any way.

Computer Type: Laptop (Lenovo G500S)
Video card: HD8570M
Installable drivers: Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 Optional and Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1

0 Likes
10 Replies
bxf
Journeyman III

Very similar situation for me with my Lenovo G510, Win10 Pro x64 (1803). I have switchable graphics Intel/Radeon HD8700M. Both 18.4.1 and 18.2.1 hang Windows during or soon after being installed. Fortunately I am able to disable the 8700M in the BIOS and continue to work with the Intel graphics alone.

0 Likes

Go back to an older previous driver which worked if possible see if it works if it does might be driver issue. Did you run DDU before you installed the newest drivers. I usually download fresh drivers straight off AMD official site to USBs then install via usb sometimes installing off an external drive alleviates the install hang in the window

0 Likes

I tried to install the Crimson Edition driver, in the end the same happened

0 Likes

Someone elsewhere suggested trying the version designated by the manufacturer (Lenovo) for my machine. I downloaded that (15.200.1045.0), installed it after running DDU, and it works! Updating to 18.4.1, however, still hangs Windows. Since I don't play games, this doesn't affect me. I only need the dedicated GPU for some image viewers and photo editors.

Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes

I can also disable it, but the point is if the graphics performance of Intel is much lower than the Radeon

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Might suggest to run a hard drive chech with disk management built in software with 10. Could be you hard drive on its way out bugging you build out. Suggestion is to run DDU in safemmode off a usb, try the 18.2.1 or 17.12.1 drivers never know give them both a shot. Of go back to your manufactores drivers might solve an issue.

0 Likes

I tried everything you wrote, but the result is still the same

0 Likes

Indeed, the manufacturer's drivers works, as I indicated in a post I just made above.

0 Likes

No problems found

0 Likes