cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kingwingy
Journeyman III

cant even get ryzen 7 2700 to max boost clock

I HAVE A RYZEN 7 2700 AND GIGABYTE GAMING 7 X470 MOBO AND MY CPU HAS A BASE 3.2GH AND A BOOST OF 4.1GH AND I CANT EZOC TO MY MAX BOOST IT ONLY LETS ME BOOST TO 3.4 WHY CANT I EVEN GET MY MAX BOOST CLOCK?? PLEASE HELP TIA!!!

0 Likes
5 Replies
tekjunkie28
Journeyman III

Load optimized defaults in bios and update bios. Ths cpu should boost to 4.1ghz SINGLE THREADED. 

0 Likes

thanksa you for that but it says i should use bios f2 for this cpu so what bioes do you say??

0 Likes

its not working tho?? have have done that and i have the newest bios im pretty sure and i still cant ghet max boost

0 Likes
ajlueke
Grandmaster

Hello,

The 4.1 GHz rating is the max boost the chip will do during lightly threaded workloads.  If the CPU notices that only two threads are populated, it will ramp up the voltage and clock speeds on two cores while effectively disabling the others.  When you use the EZ-OC method, you are overclocking all the cores together.  The overall amperage needed to push 2 cores to 4.1 GHz and 8 to 3.4 GHz is likely similar, and within the same thermal profile.

So that is why you can't EZ-OC to the boost clock, EZ-OC covers all the cores, the boost clock does not.  It is probably better to  leave the CPU at stock and let it boost.  You'll get better performance in games with two cores at 4.1 GHz than eight at 3.4 GHz.  

0 Likes

OK HANK YOU

0 Likes