cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

repelsteeltje
Journeyman III

Colors inverted

Okay, so I recently built a game computer with Ryzen 5 and now I'm experiencing some graphical problems.

Whenever I start up a game, all colors but black and white are inverted. With some games it stays this way until I shut down the game, with others, i press the win key and go back to the game and everything is normal again. I saw someone who had the same problem and he said that he rolled back an update. But the problem is: I never installed an earlier version of radeon software because i just have this computer new. Please help, this really annoys me.

1 Solution
alessandrobarros265
Journeyman III

Is really a boring bug, apparently has connection to the last update of Windows 10,

sometimes the problem is solved by putting in window mode, almost always works

Try disable the full screen optimization of windows 10, this can solve. There is a program

that does this, but I have not fully tested.

CompatibilityManager | Windows app for bulk editing compatibility settings.

Many people are with the same problem, in reddit some have said that installing an

older version of windows 10 solved.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/8il7kc/ryzen_5_2400g_color_profiles_problem/

I hope this helps, good luck.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
tjundis
Journeyman III

I have also just built a PC using just the 2400g for graphics and I am having the same problem, but it also sometimes extends to my desktop colors after tabbing out.

Someone using NVIDIA graphics had a similar issue which was solved as follows:

"Open up NVIDIA Control Panel, go to Change Resolution, scroll down and check Use NVIDIA-Color Settings. I don't exactly know how it's called since mine is in a different language, but that should fix it."

I have looked in the Radeon control panel for similar settings but haven't found anything yet.

Definitely an annoying problem.

0 Likes
alessandrobarros265
Journeyman III

Is really a boring bug, apparently has connection to the last update of Windows 10,

sometimes the problem is solved by putting in window mode, almost always works

Try disable the full screen optimization of windows 10, this can solve. There is a program

that does this, but I have not fully tested.

CompatibilityManager | Windows app for bulk editing compatibility settings.

Many people are with the same problem, in reddit some have said that installing an

older version of windows 10 solved.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/8il7kc/ryzen_5_2400g_color_profiles_problem/

I hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you so much, this did it for me. I disable full screen optimization and everything was normal again.

It's not working, i tried disable full screen optimization and it's not working

(It's probably windows 10 updates, not the driver i think...)

0 Likes

No, installing an earlier version of Windows 10 doesn't help. I use build 1607, which does not have any such features as optimization for full-screen mode, and despite this, I also encountered this problem quite recently.

But this could really be a windows problem, not a driver problem, since I had this problem after switching the API in the game to DirectX12.

0 Likes

this really helped me thank u so much!! this happens only with amd drivers for some games

0 Likes

The Version i USE is Windows 10 20H0 19042.985 and i tried every solution even check if the problem was with HDR,but i think you're right the issue may be from the operative system.

So i was thinking on reverting to the version 1909 (19H2) or any before 20H0 because i think that's the glitched version.

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

You can install the new driver available here : Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Q2 2018 Release Notes

Note :  It is essential that you reboot the system after you install these drivers.

Please submit your feedback on any issues with this driver here.

0 Likes

Probably not a problem in the driver, the problem is in Windows 10, I always use the updated

drivers and even then, the bug continued, this bug came up with a new Windows update.

Simply turn off full-screen optimization.

0 Likes

It IS a driver problem.

FM2+ A10 PRO 8750B - Adrenalin 21.5.2, Windows 10 PRO - 21H2

ANY DX game that i have the audacity to run on fullscreen (even with Fullscreen optimizations OFF) the colors change permanently and the only way to solve it is restarting my PC. If the game is native on DX11 it happens. As an example, on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games it does not happen, on Source(Valve) games, it does not happen. It's from DX11 and up i see. It's horrible.

0 Likes
somehelpguy
Journeyman III

Hey, I did fullscreen thing and it didn't work. So, I'm here to tell you how I solved it.

Problem was the drivers, it happened when I upgraded my drivers to higher version. I tried lots of drivers but only my old one(20.3.1) worked.

You can also roll back your driver inside device manager -> display adapters -> driver to solve the problem.

0 Likes